Turn signal won't turn off

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GL Classic

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1984 Aspencade
I have a 1984 Aspencade. Initially I noticed that my left turn signal indicator was not blinking. I pulled over to see if the turn signals were working and they were. So I just figured that the turn signal indicator in the dash was burnt out. No big deal. However, it then evolved into the left turn signal blinking all on its own and never shutting off. And suddenly the dashboard left turn signal indicator is working again. (And the right turn signal is still behaving/working normally.) Not sure where to start and have very minimal knowledge of how to use a voltmeter or brainstorm an electrical problem. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. I'm new here.

Often this type of issue is caused by a ground connection. A simple way to start would be to pull off the turn signal cover to check the physical condition of the wires. If that doesn't help, it's time to get a cheap meter (harbor freight ) and a wiring diagram.

Latest posts