• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Drivers right side Foot peg, 1987 GL1200A

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldCrow

Reaction score
My Bike Models
GL1200A, R100RT, KL650
Title says it all, I'll buy a set if that's what you want to sell.
I'm installing a DMC bike side sidecar mounting kit. Well I'm not a physicist but I know two solid objects can occupy the same space at the same time. The lower front DMC mount wants the space for my Drag Specialties floor boards. :( So the floor board has got to go.

PS if you deal with DMC for a classic bike kit be prepared to do a lot of figuring out. The instruction manual makes a ChiCom manual look professional. The hardware welded up and design is very nice but then whoever puts the kits together blew it. At least 3 bolts were wrong and I'm not finished.

OC

1987 Honda Goldwing GL1200 Aspencade.
I would NEVER put or tolerate floor boards on my BMW R100RT :)

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=222569#p222569:3i75s21u said:
pidjones » 2021-07-07- 18:18[/url]":3i75s21u]
I had a spare set years ago (was going to put them on an SEi). Have no idea where they went, but will look tomorrow.

I've been researching and naturally it looks like the 87 GL1200 has many unique parts, the Step being one. Having never more than glanced at the Step/Footrest/Foot Peg of any Goldwing, I have no idea if an 86 and 87 are interchangeable since the Frame part numbers differ but I can't fine any indication of "How" the 87A and 86SEi differ :( I suppose the engine mounting might be the main difference.

You can see the mounting area in the picture and I believe the thread is 12mm-1.25pitch and it looks like the 86 and 87 use the same mounting bolt so I think they would work.
Thanks
OC

Attachments

• 1987 GL1200 Aspencade Right Step Area.jpg
    1987 GL1200 Aspencade Right Step Area.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 93