wanting to change front headlight set up / but not back

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok ...as things go ..ive decided to go naked on hooch and remove the vetter....want to see if vetter has anything to do with front end wobble at high speed ...after talking with dan awhile it might be the biggest reason maybe ....so went to ebay they have very neat headlight set ups with turn signals in the bulbs themselves and at a price i can afford ...but they are led deals ...the rear of my bike is all stock honda and i dont want to change that .....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Universal-Mot ... 1925646795

so here is example of light ....? is..... can i mix them led with old and how ...it says a risitor might be need to work ...i need someone who better than i what to do here or what not to do :thanks:

My Vetter works fine up to 105mph ( actual GPS speed not indicated) Joe so unless you are experiencing problems over this speed I don't believe your Vetter fairing is the problem.

just truing thing tony ...ive done other things also ...just want a naked set up at these new lights do that at minamal cost compared to finding old stuff ...the turn signals in headlight bulb is big deal for doing naked easy

You know I love naked. Unfortunately/ fortunately I bought the headlight and turn signals attached to a GL1500c to get it. :smilie_happy:
When I rode Val fairly hard last weekend I did realise that my helmet felt loose on my head and couldn't understand why. Finally it dawned on me that in the more laid back position of the Valkyrie my chin was leading and air was buffeting up from the bottom of my helmet which doesn't happen on the CBRs because of the more forward position. Of course I have no such problem on the Rats Nest as even with two inches cut off the screen bugs don't even get to my visor.

well hooch just can not be compared to a stock 1100 in any way ...not sure ive ever seen any strip like bike with vetter involved ....people just dont get hooch is no wing at all .....and the problems it has just dont compare to regular type oldwings ....sheesh i can feel the frome stretching power hooch put on things ..wheelbase has been changed im thinking 6" on the 77 frame might be wrong there memory sucks ..its a bit lower from 1200 front wheel set up...so many...things different that could lead to way different than stock bikes as far as vetter effects in my opinion ....so just want to try something else

You'll be fine flasher wise with electronic flasher unit. It will work with stock bulbs or LED or a mix of both as it is not dependent on load to function.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=176946#p176946:2so4ox2n said:
dan filipi » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:23 am[/url]":2so4ox2n]
I have been curious if adding something as simple as that 1100 weight on the forks would help, I mean considering the changes in geometry who knows right.
+1 :popcorn:

Joe, I don't imagine you have a set of lowers for the faring? I know that when I ran with lowers, the bike straightened up significantly and the wind smoothed out quite a bit. Problem was, the lowers forced the hot air down to my feet in the summer so i always pulled them off.

well that was a huge consideration skirri and certainly not off topic cause ive done nothing but t6hink about this consideration ...i finally decided i did not want to have all my light signiture confined to headlight only ...and bought something else to make work as headlight .....it is a twin bulb headlight deal that has separate turn signals in it ...sort of like a headlight faring .....they actually go on dirt bikes ..i will probably have to mod it some to work on a oldwing and it ? how it will look LOL...im not known for pretty bike work ..so its right up my alley LOL...ive gotten the comment already it is fugly.....

its on a slow boat from china now .... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Streetfighter-S ... .....havnt seen a oldwing with something like this on it ...and may never see another LOL ...but thers a chance it might look okay maybe ...this will also keep me from having to buy a special bulb for headlight

hooch wil have the street fighter light package now :whip: :hihihi:

Hope that one works out for you Joe. Have seen a few that don't have proper headlight bulbs and don't throw much light. :(

i got my light ...its kind of on the small side ..its diffinitly a second ...you can see where the cnc router lost it ...and cut bad ...not that bad to me ...we will see how it goes ...not one word of print came with it ...im not sure it will cover what i wanted but i have no choice now and will see if it makes the grade ....there will be some work to get it hook up .....no mounting hardware at all

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177772#p177772:3ikafvwv said:
joedrum » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:29 am[/url]":3ikafvwv]
...not one word of print came with it ...

Typical chinese stuff. LOL
Unfortunately I got wealth of similar experiences (sigh)