What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=189269#p189269:2i16maea said:
brianinpa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:25 pm[/url]":2i16maea]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=189253#p189253:2i16maea said:
Ansimp » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:25 pm[/url]":2i16maea]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=189251#p189251:2i16maea said:
mcgovern61 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:23 am[/url]":2i16maea]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=189235#p189235:2i16maea said:
brianinpa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 am[/url]":2i16maea]
I rode to work only to realize I forgot my keys and badge (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). Then I had to ride home and then ride back to work. Sunny Spring morning rides sure are fun!
Yeah....that's what happened.....I believe ya Brian........... :hihihi:

+1 or just discovered the long way to work!
:smilie_happy:

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

When you live 2 miles from where you work, it's hard to find a long way to work...

Start in the opposite direction. make two rights to one left turn then watch the signs. That'll give you a start for the long way.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=189281#p189281:1tboc4mi said:
slabghost » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:24 am[/url]":1tboc4mi]
Start in the opposite direction. make two rights to one left turn then watch the signs. That'll give you a start for the long way.
even better, follow the route the gps gives you :)

Rode to get ice cream, met up with others. One brought his '76 Suzuki GT750, fully restored, very nice! Sorry didn't get a pic (too dark), maybe next time

On another note, a fellow there said he has a Vetter fairing in his attic, wanted know if I needed or knew someone. Are these things in demand?

Riding season returns to Pennsylvania :rocks: !
I didn't work on the Wing yesterday but I did re-legalize the Kawa and ride it a bit for a Spring shakedown after 18 months of sitting. Star Tron and Sea Foam work. It's had the same treated gas in it since Fall of 15 and it started and ran fairly well. It did improve noticeably with a fresh tank but it was no harder to start after 18 months than it would normally be after a couple of weeks.

I tried to adjust the mirror and it snapped off. I though it was steel- nope, plastic. Ordered new set. Never liked those anyway. It will get an oil change and careful wash and check soon. That thing is so different riding from the Goldwing but I still love it.

Now that it's ridable I will do some more on the Wing. Still have to get the idle fixed. The exhaust will come off to be painted properly and the ride-off centerstand put on. Then there's fork rebuild.

Took Val out for a ride to Maccas to meet up with our daughter and her boyfriend for breakfast. After leaving them I went to visit a mate and we were going for a quick ride but unfortunately his Triumph's battery was flat. Seeing it was Easter Sunday we couldn't find a new battery easily so I will pick up one for him this week. Val sounded great running on fast idle warming up this morning. I made a video and one when I was back home when she was hot.
[video]https://youtu.be/BXBY3CQcMjo[/video]
[video]https://youtu.be/GPbgS7c3_-Y[/video]
They don't sound as good as in real life to my ears and the front video is full of high pitched wine from the thermo fan and LED bulb cooling fan.

Well, yestidy, I had to take "The Turd" out for it's annual State Inspection. Wasn't really sure it was a gud idear, but it had to be done. First I had to get the seat, and shelter off, so I could check the coolant level, which was only down aboot a pint or so. I expected it to be much lower, but I'll take it. Then I had to put the Nautilus horn back on it, and install the battery, then do a little cleanup on it. Fired it up, and....very little steamage from the tailpipe! :headscratch: Lots less than anytime since I quit ridin it. I had Mama follow me to the place just in case, and she said there was some steam coming out when we first left the house, but then it stopped after a couple of blocks. :clapping:
Got to the inspection place and had to wait aboot 30 minutes or so, and it fired right up, and no steamin still. Shocked the crap outta me. Passed inspection and brought it back home, and put it back to bed. Btw...it ran beautifully, engine-wise...no hiccups, misfires, nada. Rear brake was dragging when we left, but released soon afterward. I ran the fan the entire trip there and back...temp gauge never got to much above 1/4 gauge, even sitting at stoplights. Another shock!

Had a wee bit of trouble re-adjusting to riding it, after being on the 1500 since October '16. Dang thing felt like a dump truck...dint wanna make turns, dint wanna shift nicely, and I really dint like me foot positions on the floorboards. To dang far back....my legs were cramping before we even got to the inspection place, which is only aboot 20 miles. When I first took the cover off of it to get it ready, I though someone had come and cut my darn windershield off! :shock: It looks so tiny compared to the 1500. I measured them both when we got back home, and the 1500 shield is almost 18" taller!!

Anywho...I told Mama I gotta git the 1100 fixed so I can sell it....I don't see me goin back to ridin it after being on the 1500....just too much difference in the two. It's like goin from a Cadillac to a Yugo or something. I loved the 1100 when I got it, and all the time I was riding it every day, don't get me wrong, but the difference between the two is amazing.
Now all I gotta do is get some new head gaskets, and get after fixing it up to sell. :ahem:

The turd, out in the sunlight again!! :BigGrin:

Oil & filter change in both bikes. Test rode the little one after getting her a new battery. Old one had a date of 4/09 so that one did pretty well. God, it's good to be riding again! Safe travels, everyone. Dave

Ok, maybe not today, but Saturday. The fork seals on my Valkyrie started out weeping just a little bit a month or so ago. I ignored it. On a trip last month up to Page, Arizona, that little weeping became a full-blown gusher on both sides at the same time. Enough so that I had fork oil all over the front of the motor by the time I got back to Phoenix.

So the seals were done on Saturday – along with an oil change. Even with a valkyrie fork-experienced buddy and the proper tools, it was still a royal PIA. Darn OEM seals and washers are just about a half a millimeter too wide to get the retaining clip in without some serious banging.

All's well that ends well...

image.jpeg

Installed Progressive 430 (11.5") shocks. 1.5" lower than stock. Excellent shock and nice looking, too. The stock Valk shocks were still decent, but a little soft for my liking. These Progressives are anything but soft...
IMG_5003.JPG

...and, oh, what a difference. You don't realize how soft your shocks have gotten until you put some good ones on. Danged OEMs only lasted 52k miles. And I actually like having the 1.5" lower rear stance. Considering slipping the forks a half an inch or so.
With430s.JPG

Latest posts