What do you think of the F6B?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of times we let other things influence what we like or dislike in a new motorcycle. I often find myself having to admit that what I don't like may have a bit to do with whether or not I can afford it. That said, good or bad the F6B is not my type of bike. I believe Honda is trying to attract a different segment of the market with this one. Possibly looking to attract some sales away from HD?
I also find a lot of times it takes me a while to get used to something different. More so as I get older. :smilie_happy:

We are working on a possible deal to put a sidecar on one soon so maybe I'll get a better look then.

I hate it.
I am super disapointed in HONDA with the lack of improvements on the GOLDWINGS as the competition continues to up the bar.
The BMW 1200lt came standard with heated grips,heated seat,power windshield,power centerstand,accesary plugs for gerbings ect...
Then they introduced the 1600GT which ups the ainty even more with an absolute over the top bike.
When honda moved the goldwing back to japan and reintroduced the 1800 I expected them to catch up with a power windscreen and maybe bluetooth compatable wireless headsets as well as other more modern improvements.Instead they just throw BMW look alike saddle bags on with some kinda funky cladding while retianing the dated trunk and call it a new bike.
Now they want me to accept a stripper wing!!??With no reverse?Didnt that idea fail in the mid 90s?

Dont even get me started on the 2014 valkery

I love it like I love all Wings except for the original 1800s. They are definitely going for a different crowd with this design and like I've said before I can't wait to buy one in 15-20 years. :doh: Lately I've been craving a 79 with the full Vetter setup.

~O~

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107494#p107494:2nbo0q1a said:
oldmopars » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:22 pm[/url]":2nbo0q1a]
I still think I want a late 1500. I like the style better.

I almost got a 1500... Valkyrie, but I got the 1200 instead. I couldn't get away from 4 cylinders and too much plastic on the 6 cylinders.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107565#p107565:e42y54ht said:
joedrum » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:28 am[/url]":e42y54ht]
even if I like it witch I don't ... its 15000 dollars to much ... its a complete joke to me....

+1
It will not last. I give it two years max. Its to expensive for a stripper and to stripped for a tourer.
The first gen valkeries were a great bike but had the same problem and just didnt sell well,mixing markets dont sell.The voyager way over sold it.

maybe I'm just old , but ... to me , these bikes are like Cars, the older cars had , Style , Class , Chrome , and they was Beautiful , but now..... well , you know what I'm saying here . :laptop:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108058#p108058:336v16yz said:
Omega Man » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am[/url]":336v16yz]
I really do miss my 1100 with the engine spilling out on both sides of the bike, exposed yet troublesome carbs, chrome everywhere... :crying:

~O~

That's just selective memory coming through Randy, I can remember the moment of elation when Janet had given you approval for a 1500 and all your conscientious saving routine to get there.. :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107448#p107448:3ggouicq said:
Tory » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:30 pm[/url]":3ggouicq]
I hate it.
I am super disapointed in HONDA with the lack of improvements on the GOLDWINGS as the competition continues to up the bar.
The BMW 1200lt came standard with heated grips,heated seat,power windshield,power centerstand,accesary plugs for gerbings ect...
Then they introduced the 1600GT which ups the ainty even more with an absolute over the top bike.
When honda moved the goldwing back to japan and reintroduced the 1800 I expected them to catch up with a power windscreen and maybe bluetooth compatable wireless headsets as well as other more modern improvements.Instead they just throw BMW look alike saddle bags on with some kinda funky cladding while retianing the dated trunk and call it a new bike.
Now they want me to accept a stripper wing!!??With no reverse?Didnt that idea fail in the mid 90s?

Dont even get me started on the 2014 valkery

Well then.... May as well just get a car with all them thar doo dadds n such. With all them goodies you loose the essence of what being on a bike is all about imo.... Of course, I dont ride coast to coast either...

Attachments

• Motorcycle Pics 001.png
    Motorcycle Pics 001.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts