Why do we love our Wings?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd bring this topic back ;)

Lately I've been telling people "you know how pilots feel about flying? That's how I feel about riding." The way I feel about My wing is simply over the top. I got permission at work to park my bike behind the Hospital near the smoking area, just so I can stare at her without anyone knowing during my smoke breaks. Then there is how everything is starting to work again...mostly talking about the radio system here. First the radio starts working, now a couple of weeks later the thumb switches that I thought about removing have started to work. Hell, I'm willin to bet the cb/intercom even works if I can figure out what goes in that plug. Then there is the ease of maintenance, smooth ride, and the many compliments at traffic lights.

Lastly...even though I've had a couple of mechanical glitches, she has never stranded me anywhere. <3

~O~

Versatility. It makes a great faired touring bike and right now it makes a great naked cruiser/standard. It is more powerful, smoother and cheaper than most V-twin cruisers out there. Plus, she is beautiful

Why do I love my Wing?

To me it's the machine,
the hum,
the familiar vibrations,
the reliability.

I grew up working on cars with my Dad and brother. Then when my folks let me I got my first dirt bike when I was 13.
After that I had a few street bikes but always wanted the ultimate, a Goldwing.

I love the low end torque, that I can shift at low rpm's if I want or run it up high and cruise around town in 2nd at 4000 rpm.
She always gets me home.

I've been thru alot with mine, she's never let me down.

What's NOT to like? :mrgreen:
I'm all about comfort, no matter what I do. I like cushy recliners, padded seats in restaurants, and smooth, cushy Caddidillacs. I also HATE to work on anything(vehicles included!) of my own, since that's what I do all day, every day. The Goldwing is super dependable, easy(comparatively) to work on if needed, and.... COMFY!
smiley20.gif

It also affords me the opportunity to learn new things from folks like ya'll...I ain't too old(or proud) to learn new stuff. :read: :laptop: :mrgreen:

the more i think about why i love my wings the harder it is to explain. i love to ride and enjoy riding my cb450sc as much as anything i own. the 750/9k is hard to beat of all types of riding but i really enjoy my wings. either one

Latest posts