Wing Security,Keeping it Safe

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A diy alarm you need a single pole switch and a mercury switch. wire the switch up in a hidden spot that you can turn it on once off the bike to put power to the mercury switch. mount the mercury switch level when the bike is on the side stand, then if someone sits on the bike a takes it off the stand the mercury makes contact and you can use this to make the horn blow. They will book it outta there quick when that horn starts blowing. once they get off the horn will stop blowing. you can hide all this under the shelter or side cover minimal space or money required. I have seen this installed on a Suzuki and it's kinda slick

Tomahawk":otbxd2lh said:
A diy alarm you need a single pole switch and a mercury switch. wire the switch up in a hidden spot that you can turn it on once off the bike to put power to the mercury switch. mount the mercury switch level when the bike is on the side stand, then if someone sits on the bike a takes it off the stand the mercury makes contact and you can use this to make the horn blow. They will book it outta there quick when that horn starts blowing. once they get off the horn will stop blowing. you can hide all this under the shelter or side cover minimal space or money required. I have seen this installed on a Suzuki and it's kinda slick
Good idea there too.I normally use my center stand all the time.Side stand only on certain terrain were lifting the bike really becomes imposible or would be really hard to get it off its center stand like uphill street or something.Side stand is not dumb--- :sensored: proof.Seen friends try to mount bike and dismount from the bike on the right side :doh: :rant: go figure :mrgreen: .

Tomahawk":1nsti0y2 said:

All-in-one unit from a car hood light or trunk lid light.
Good idea! :salute:

Go get a used gun holster from a pawn shop and tie it to the handlebars. A thief will spot the empty holster and wonder if the owner is lurking nearby with the gun in his pocket.

mike in idaho":32yq05nt said:
Go get a used gun holster from a pawn shop and tie it to the handlebars. A thief will spot the empty holster and wonder if the owner is lurking nearby with the gun in his pocket.

Lets go for broke and mount some of these on our crashbars. :mischief:

~O~

Thass kewl and all, but...how's it gonna keep anyone from stealin yer ride? Around here, that would just make it more inviting! :smilie_happy:

Tomahawk":2g1vv4m0 said:
this would work great tied to an ejection seat.. LOL
or a voice modual that says "self destruct sequence initiated!"

personally, I put my faith in people being smart enough to not steal my old bike... but, I would think a simple hidden kill switch would be enough deterrent around most places.... if it wont start they would have to load it or push it... either is a loosing battle.

I was watching Two Guys Garage and they were working on a Honda Cafe Racer bike. It wasn't an alarm as a preventive measure but they had a cheap lo-jack system. Take a really cheap phone that can be set to auto answer and hard wire it in. If your bike gets stolen then you call the number, call the cell phone company and report your EIN and phone number, then they can track it and report the position to the police.

With that ingenuity I was thinking you could hard wire in a phone and a mercury switch then if someone is messing with the bike it can page you or call you.

There's stuff out there and us old bike owners are used to making things work.

Or I like the idea of having some REALLY loud air horns and an air tank. They move it and the horn goes off till the tank is empty. But then your probably coming back and picking up a dropped bike after you clean the $hit off the seat.

BigAndrew said:
im not worried about theft with my old ugly bike... Who would want to steal it :salute:
I don't find your bike ugly at all.It's personalized to your taste and that's what counts.It's still a wing for all I care :rocks: .

joedrum":z0gnnnar said:
i like it and id ride it ....it dont have to be pretty to be fun.....thats not a requirment in my book .... :mrgreen:
Your just jealous cause BigAndrew's bike has more flat paint then yours :cheeky: . :cheeky: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

joedrum":2kao2jic said:
yea late night playing drummer boy i mean old man drummer ....i dont qualify for dummer boy anymore ...... :mrgreen:
It's the BOY inside you that counts.Even if sometimes you can't find him,You know how boys are they don't want to hang around old people like us.......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've always used a Kryptonite lock which is big enough to go through the triangle molding on the front forks, where the brakes attach, and the front wheel. A cover will usually keep hands off when parked on a busy street.

traveler":1eji5w4d said:
I've always used a Kryptonite lock which is big enough to go through the triangle molding on the front forks, where the brakes attach, and the front wheel. A cover will usually keep hands off when parked on a busy street.
Here too,mine locks the in the rear wheel just thru the mag spokes.It's a kryptonite lock also.

BigAndrew":1ib7865c said:
im not worried about theft with my old ugly bike... Who would want to steal it :salute:

UGLY BIKE ?????????????????????????
Hey BigAndrew Check this wing out.Its in a museum at Laughlin Nevada.Think to which bike more or less ressembles to (Taking the stickers off) and some little mods here and there :ahem: :shock: :mrgreen: .

Attachments

• Black princess laughlin nevada.bmp
    44.6 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts