House project....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting it tight is a major step! I rebuilt a house for the youngest daughter back in about 2008, and it was so tight that it heats with a couple very small split unit heat pumps and the daughter's electric bills for it are always less than $100 a month (all-electric house).

If you need a cell phone, I suggest looking into Consumer Cellular (you can bring your own if you have a previous AT&T or unlocked GSM phone). Stupid low month-to-month prices. We have three phones (and three numbers), unlimited text and talk (including long distance) and 3 GB shared data for $81.12 tax included (will differ by state). And, if you need help, their customer service number is answered by an American!

I'll keep my eye out in Tennessee for a 1200 motor, too. I understand that you just need the "short block" without heads, but otherwise good.

Ok ...House is moving along ...fixing to get into rebuild and design mode ....weather been nice lately ...it’s been real comfortable working conditions ..there’s been a lot of winter time yard work going on ...this time of year is great time to go after Briares ...I’ve got like an acreas to get rid of ...usually hit yard work first thing in the morning ...then hit the house work after I’ve had enough ...amazing what one can do with a bush axe in tough hands .....

On house things are getting cleaned up inside ...so I can work the inside in clean and things out of the way conditions ....vacuuming the inside rather dust free is making things more liveable inside ...

I’ll try to remember to take pics today :builder:

Pics
image.php

Been cold lately and car has been falling to pieces lately.....got a tarp around to fireplace work on roof now ...

image.php

Back of house ..some baby ice sickles hanging ...

image.php

Been doing a lot of yard work lately ...this time of year is perfect conditions to go after the worse situation now ....this pic shows an area that was covered with briars ....I’ve got about an acre of some tough yard work to get done ...so far it’s been done all bbuschaxe in hand

image.php

Could not walk through here or around this tree... briars over my head basically solid ...a lot of briars have been burnt up ....

More pics
image.php

Nice toget the bottom of this tree cleared up

image.php

Pic of briar patch burn pile

image.php

You can see the dam work done in this pic ....pond is hand made ..coombination of dam building and dig work

image.php

Pond is froze right now so I’m cutting the cat tails down flush with the ice ...will finish this tomorrow

image.php

Pond is about 2/3 to one acre big....you can see the dam rim here

+1 on the language Joe! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Looking good as always, making great progress. :salute:

Pics
image.php

Attitude lately from the basement from hell ...this what I ca”” mud season now we are getting lots of rain ..

image.php

I had the day before swept brown the basement as it had water in it ..not near this much ...a good inch or two I places in these pics

image.php

It’s seems to be at its deepest by the wood stove

image.php

Copper pipe cut out of floor to be reused

image.php

Quite flooded here too also electric box is in basement

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201742#p201742:1e5czrio said:
brianinpa » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:09 am[/url]":1e5czrio]
Just run some cooling lines through the floor! Flip the switch and you can have an indoor ice rink...
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Pics
image.php
a
A pic showing the heat from the basement ...melted the snow off the roof ...I havnt built a fire out there in at least a week

image.php

Pic of the modified reel mower ...that doubles as a roller and doesn’t sink in the ground

I’ll have to get a handle on it ...we’re in the middle of mud season ...things are a bit worse than I wanted ....I’m going to have to get really created and crafty to stop this problem ...

Latest posts