1200 into a 1000 chopped

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any other Magna owners--(or someone with access to files) have details on jet sizes in these carbs? Mine are VD76A. On Western Honda they list one as a #120 main jet, but they list a different part number for the front two carbs and don't say what size it is. Slow jets appear to be the same at #38. I think I will put in #140's to start with and go up or down as needed. I can't seem to find a reliable source about them.

I found the sizes they sell Dynajet kits for today, I think they supply a 122, 144, &155. The kit includes different needles and four springs. About a Ben.

Snowing here today, supposed to get more than a foot.

So I went cave man on some intakes.

Ended with this. Needs tweaking, but I think it'll work with a little hammering.

Underneath shot. A little grinding and I can get an intake rubber on there and proceed. There is just a slight ess to the path from the carbs to the valve now.

WP_001129.jpg

Long time, no update: I have given up on the carbs from the Magna for now. I want to get this on the road, this year! I decided to put a monoshock in since I have the space now. Takes me forever to figure things out and then do them at least twice.
View attachment 1

WP_001145.jpg

WP_001146.jpg

I still have to some bracing to do to the arm. I have no clue if it's gonna help or not. I guess when it all boils down , I just do this because I can. I had the tank mounted so it flips up to work on the carbs, but had to redo that asit hit on part of the monoshock. Cut and redid the tank and it still hit the monoshock, so I now moved the monoshocks to their present location as above. I am not keeping the back brackets by the shocks, I'll put some straight pipes in there. I was trying to reveal a little more rear wheel. The plan is to finish up the welding, stick on a few tabs for the various other things it will need and get it powder coated.

Attachments

• WP_001142.jpg
    WP_001142.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 121
i am on the hunt for one of those tanks .....mono shock looks good ....the swingarm mod looks basic and good ....love the tank mount ...hope it can stay like that ,,,,lets get the basics done eric and slip this baby together .... :builder: :builder: :beer: :beer: :whip: :builder: :hihihi: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

New tank mount. Here's what I had to do because of the monoshock hitting the tank pivot.
WP_001147.jpg

I wanted it the other way because I was able to weld it to an existing bracket which had a little meat to it. I ended up having to tack the two sides directly to the tank. I was petrified of blowing through the tank and creating a mess, but it went okay. I had two more bushings so there's a bushing on each side of the pins I made.Looks like the one on the left needs a little affection from a tank adjustment tool, okay, a hammer.
WP_001148.jpg
\after all this, I still had to lower the shock front where I had it on the frame. My latest hare brained? hair brained? heir brained?okay, just stupid idea to set me back more weeks is to add one or triangular shaped tanks into the triangles where the battery is and the other side. That would give me a couple more gallons on the 4.5 gallon tank. The Magna tank I have looks like it could be stashed in there pretty easily.

ekvh":1oph7hat said:
New tank mount. Here's what I had to do because of the monoshock hitting the tank pivot.View attachment 1

I wanted it the other way because I was able to weld it to an existing bracket which had a little meat to it. I ended up having to tack the two sides directly to the tank. I was petrified of blowing through the tank and creating a mess, but it went okay. I had two more bushings so there's a bushing on each side of the pins I made.Looks like the one on the left needs a little affection from a tank adjustment tool, okay, a hammer. \after all this, I still had to lower the shock front where I had it on the frame. My latest hare brained? hair brained? heir brained?okay, just stupid idea to set me back more weeks is to add one or triangular shaped tanks into the triangles where the battery is and the other side. That would give me a couple more gallons on the 4.5 gallon tank. The Magna tank I have looks like it could be stashed in there pretty easily.
With as radical as you are going on this. Losing just 1/2 gallon capacity may go un noticed. With fuel above the motor gravity feed will be all you need. No fuel pump issues. Adding another tank to the mix complicates plumbing and may cause you to need a fuel pump.

Agree too, but I like the idea of a bit more fuel, and at this point, I have no gauge and no reserve. The tank is from EFI. I was thinking I could have a reserve tank and small pump and rather than just have a pump run both, maybe just pump from the reserve tank into the main tank when needed. Any thoughts on that? The pump wouldn't have to be much.

Try here for a suitable valve that will give you a reserve level also. https://www.pingelonline.com/fuel_valves.htm
I suppose you could fit a tube into the plate you need to fill that space in the bottom of the tank. If you run the tube up close to the top of the tank inside. It could then be used to fill the tank from the second tank. More complex than I'd want but if I needed to carry more fuel I'd do it that way.

If you can stick with your gravity feed tank, I am with the others the slight loss of range should not be a problem and one less potential problem eliminated.

Latest posts