• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1981 GL1100 Standard for sale

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handyrandy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1981 GL1100 Standard Goldwing for Sale. Waynesburg pa. Has Hondaline luggage with keys, and Vetter 5 fairing with lowers and Vetter Radio Pod. I have an extra fairing. It has a new starter, and progressive air shocks on the back. It had a complete professional carb job several years back by super daves, a very reputable motorcycle shop. I have a new seat as well as the old one, a utopia backrest, and a large chase harper tank bag. It has a good motor with 71514 miles on it. Compression was 170-175 when I rode it last.
CONDITION. It has been sitting for 2 years with all the gas drained out. The carbs have never had gas sit in them for more than a few weeks. I parked it when the radiator started leaking 2 years ago and bought a new Kawasaki KLR650 and never messed with the gold wing since. The frame is starting to go bad around the bottom but I have kept it repaired enough to ride. Frame is probably salvageable with the right repairs.
The triple tree could use changing out from hitting a deer several years ago. I repaired everything else but never did the triple tree because it always handled well except for a little shimmy when you let go of the handlebars, but one of the bottom fork mounts was bent a little in the accident. I have another triple tree ready to put in but never did it. I probably put 20,000 on it after the deer with no problems.
The front brake caliper will need rebuilt. It has to good shinko tires on it.
I thought of parting it because some of these parts are scarce, but am not crazy about all the packing and shipping.
make me an offer. My email is [email protected]

Attachments

• 1981 Gold Wing.jpg
    1981 Gold Wing.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 146
MBS is biting me in the back!! What an opportunity to get another dresser to add to the stable and between the two, I could have my Standard and Dresser! :head bang: :help:
(Darn that whole needing money for these things!!)

I decided to keep it for a while, maybe make a naked wing out of it. That is the way it was designed anyway. I never really liked all those add ons in the first place. I started it up today. Started right up after 2 years. I changed the oil and filter and turns out the radiator leak was just a bad cap. I have forgotten how much I loved the sound of this bike.