75 v 82 cams

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sheesh this is why i like making my own gaskets ... nice thick ones ...where sealing is no problem ...cause there is no doubt this is the biggest deal to cure .... before dialing the carb in

BTW, I bought a piece of 1/16" thick Nitrile (aka Buna N) gasket material at an industrial supply house recently. It is very nice stuff...a lot better than the cork material I was using. I used it for the carb-to-adapter seal. It is like rubber so you know you will get a good seal with it. :good:

I'm going to run it for a while and check it to see how it stands up. :builder:

Brian

well i am so glad brian .....your work is excellent and great info map for chillidawg to really get to his carb ...you done a great job in this thread in my eyes ..... :mrgreen:

Never turn your back on a piece of wood. I wonder what size jets Chilidawg is running :popcorn: :popcorn:

With that Hott manifold, 2 to 1 adapter, and the DFT 32/32 carb it should be a good running unit. Maybe just jetting.

Brian

well i am rather amazed the jetting for hooch 1200 and the bigger dft 32-34 ..is so much different ..than jetting thats working in these 32-32 dft ...ive been working on Vs 1200 withch is like hooch ...but has the 32-32 and at the moment is idling with the 60 jet in primary ..and i was astionished when you posted jetting like that in your bike ...so info about jetting in hooch is really no help for chillidawg like yours ids ...sheesh hooches primary idle jet is .45 ... i worked with several people in jetting it became obvious my jetting was in no way related to 32-32 carb at all

Yeah, you would think they would be similar. But they seem to be different animals altogether as far as jetting goes. :shock:

I've been wondering...you and Dan drill out your jets to get the size you want...is here a special set of drill bit you can get for that? :headscratch:

Supposed to warm up here over the next week. Might melt enough for one last ride. :Egyptian:

well yes himmm ..ebay dan got a set of weber carb bits ..in fact you use that to find them ...v found me a set from england that was truely a bargain ... sheesh ....v might be able to help on that set

Just do a search for micro drill bit set. Look for the sizes you'll be needing and the "vise" as they call the holder to twist the bits by hand.

Strange you guys should mention, drilling out jets, not in exactly the same meaning but if I am not successful tonight in my buddy's shop, I might be doing just that.

It would appear that the fella that built my carb, felt the need to punch between the brass and the aluminum in order to prevent the the air correction jets from moving, the 160 came out reasonably OK, but this 220 seems it might have stripped, I'm just hoping now that when I do finally get it out, that the brass was sacrificial to the aluminum, I'll keep ya'all informed.

I got a question though, if I'm holding the carb with the primary barrel at 3 o'clock, secondary at 9, am I correct in thinking that the primary jets are the set at 12 O'clock and the secondary at 6?

Thanks.

I think someone posted a pic in one of the threads indicating which is which. If memory serves the inner jets (closest to center) are the primary for each barrel and the outer jets are the secondary jets.

no thats not correct ....best way to tell ... is to look in secondary barrel ....close to the top you will see a hole ... this hole is the fixed air feed to the idle jet of the primary barrel....you can see the feed run right down to the primary idle jet

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136749#p136749:16hoew1u said:
chilidawg » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:25 pm[/url]":16hoew1u]
Strange you guys should mention, drilling out jets, not in exactly the same meaning but if I am not successful tonight in my buddy's shop, I might be doing just that.

It would appear that the fella that built my carb, felt the need to punch between the brass and the aluminum in order to prevent the the air correction jets from moving, the 160 came out reasonably OK, but this 220 seems it might have stripped, I'm just hoping now that when I do finally get it out, that the brass was sacrificial to the aluminum, I'll keep ya'all informed.

I got a question though, if I'm holding the carb with the primary barrel at 3 o'clock, secondary at 9, am I correct in thinking that the primary jets are the set at 12 O'clock and the secondary at 6?

Thanks.

primary jets would be at 6 and secondary at 12 o'clock.

Hope this pic helps, correct me if I'm wrong....

image.php

If I remember, the inner jets (the one's not in the long tubes) are the primary and secondary idle jets.

Well I think I got lucky!

Thanks to a good drill press and lots of fancy drill bits supplied to us by our machinist buddy, we got the entire thing out without a single noticeable piece of aluminum swarf.

I'm confident that some skillfully applied Teflon tape should seal that thing in there like new. it almost seemed like it had gotten cross threaded and he knew it, then he'd drifted it, to keep it in place.

So from the answers, I'm guessing I was correct, if that's the case, then my jets where as follows:-

12 o'clock
Primary air correction 220 (destroyed as was emulsion tube)
Primary main 95
Primary idle 60
Primary barrel Secondary barrel
3 o'clock 9 o'clock
6 o'clock
Secondary air correction 160
Secondary main 105
secondary idle 50

Now this is getting pretty confusing, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chilidawg, those look like the same jets that my carb had when I bought it. I said in my post that my primary main jet was a 110 but now I'm pretty sure it is a 105, like yours.

But I think you have the primary/secondary jets mixed up. Mine, and others I've seen posted had 160/105/50 jets on the primary side and 220/95/60 on the secondary. Take a look at the pic that Dan posted for the locations of the jets.

Is your bike running now since that air jet is screwed up? If so see how your bike runs if you swap the 50 and 60 idle jets.

Latest posts