86 GL1200 Refresh and Mod project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent work Mike, I bet you can't wait to put some real miles Suzy Q.. :good: :salute: :heat:

That's tempting Bill but I got three more in line waiting on me. Up next on the lift is Atilla the Hun, and 84 Interstate made to look like a vettered 77 naked, with a valk seat.

Modified the windshield by taking 5 3/4 inches off the top so I could see over it and blended the sides back in, it had to much distortion looking through the sides while negotiating curves. I love the way it looks now, hope it performs as well as I expect it to.
IMG02268-20130904-1208.jpg
IMG02269-20130904-1208.jpg

I want to chop the Rats Nest screen as I don't look over it enough and not enough air gets to my full face helmet vents. Nice not to need to clean my visor for a change though..

I took it out for a trial run and the air now hits me at the top of my forehead at the hair line. I can see so much better looking over the shield. By taking my hand I could trace the line of the air coming around the shield and what turbulence I found is on each side between the shield and the mirrors so I think I will make some small wings to mount in that area to kick the air out some. Here's a better pick of the recut shield out in the daylight.
IMG02270-20130904-1323.jpg