Another exercise in absolute stupidity....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ianstaley has a good eye, :popcorn: just saw post & was gonna mention. Always stuck a rag, paper towel, or something in any hole that opens up, in tearing things apart, tape works well too. Been really fortunate so far, knock on wood. Have seen this happen to a guy's 1100 (the aftermath), it wasn't pretty, yours isn't as bad, still bad enough. Sorry about your misfortune but we learn a lot from missteps in our journey through life, my experience anyway :good: good luck.

the mark in the valve area is very close, but not actually on the seating area. valves seated , new valves and stem seals, and all surfaces cleaned up. just waiting on gaskets now. as we say here................. She 'll be right .. :BigGrin:

Always a plus when we advance after a set back, makes the misstep not so bad,after all is said & done. You now have first hand knowledge, & what can be done to fix a similar situation, in the future. Something pleasing about this aspect of life. :salute:

she is back on the road as of today. waited far too long for a set of gaskets. a well known ebay seller did not have them in stock when i clicked the buy button. almost a week before he got them . :oops:
had one small blooper. blew two main fuses after it started and ran for 10 or 20 secs, took a break , conferred with Tony ( Ansimp ) who made a couple of educated guesses and it transpired that i had wired a plug wrongly. ( a separate experiment while waiting for gaskets) Thanks Tony.... :music:
fixed that, took it for an hour run around town, and all is good in LTD land :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Glad your back in the saddle again; Looks like fall's on the way for you, ride while you can. Hope your winter's not like ours here in Ohio, seems extra cold & nasty this year. Spring's coming for us soon I hope, as soon as it warms up some will start tire, brake, & general maintaince for spring riding. :good:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140607#p140607:2i89knll said:
Denver » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:05 am[/url]":2i89knll]
Glad your back in the saddle again; Looks like fall's on the way for you, ride while you can. Hope your winter's not like ours here in Ohio, seems extra cold & nasty this year. Spring's coming for us soon I hope, as soon as it warms up some will start tire, brake, & general maintaince for spring riding. :good:
um, where i live we can ride all year round. at the moment it is very hot. and hotter to come this week, temps are round 30-35 C . some days too hot to ride around comfortably.

Get's that hot & the standards come into their own, :yahoo: faired bikes stay parked in the garage! :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140636#p140636:2hm4sepa said:
Denver » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:57 am[/url]":2hm4sepa]
Get's that hot & the standards come into their own, :yahoo: faired bikes stay parked in the garage! :yes:
It is a lot hotter riding the Rats Nest with its Vetter fairing ( have to crack the visor on my helmet to get more airflow) but it is great protection in our summer storms usually. Last weeks ride only took 10mins to absolutely saturate me even behind all that protection ( normally fully soaked jeans ( back pockets even) takes hours of riding in the rain).
Riding down Yosemite in a Cali summer storm only gave me wet boots and jeans from the knees down twice ( they dried out in between rain squalls) even though three towns lost power :yes: