Britches and Boots

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sage advice is to buy the best/highest quality gear you can afford. it will last longer, be more comfy and will justify the expense if you ever have an unfortunate mishap. I won't go over the edge into full ATTGATT nazi mode, but even a relatively low-speed get off can really mess up your whole day. Dress for the crash...

Motorcycling is my main hobby/ sport, and I'm willing to make the investment. Plan to spend about what you would on any other major sport, skiing, snowmobiling, whatever. Leather is still the king of abrasion resistance, but textiles work very well these days. I had a wee crash in October and my textile gear saved me much pain & agony.

A decent pair of textile overpants will cost you $150-$200ish... I have a couple pairs that I use, the Fieldsheer Mercury overpants (I dont recommend these, there are better pants for the money), which are mostly rainproof and have a thermal liner for cold days, and a pair of Olympia Recon overpants that have big mesh panels for the hot days. I

If I was to buy another pair, I would go with another set from Olympia because I really like their quality at a decent price. Aside from the pants, I also have a couple Olympia jackets. I think they are fantastic! I'm thinking about getting a pair of Cordura pants from Motoport, too...They make excellent Kevlar gear, but I simply can't afford that. Their stuff costs the world, but they are VERY highly respected for their quality.

go with the frog togs for raingear...its good stuff! Dont bother with "waterproof" as a feature in your main gear, as you will most likely end up disappointed.