California meet and greet March 20th 2010

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday March 13th?

Does that work for everyone?

Barstow is so small, I'm pretty sure there's a McDonalds on the main strip thru town.
I'll be there before noon.
We should exchange cell numbers by PM.

After talking with Susie there's some other places not far from Barstow for some REAL food.
Mostly I'm concerned with what works for the 4 hour riders.

I'll post later some ideas but we should plan Barstow to hook up and gas first.

Thought Randsburg, an old mining town would be an interesting place for everyone... and
they have decent hamburgers there... but if you are into decadence, They have a Black Bart,
Chocolate, Ice-cream, and not sure what else, but the General Store has been known for their
Black Bart forever....
Randsberg milage: 227 from Las Vegas, 75 from Barstow, 119 from Burbank, 232 from Los Osos,,,,,
Barstow milage: 155 from Las Vegas, 124 from Burbank, 276 from Los Osos....
Just a suggestion from a desert rat.
susie

I did up some maps, I dont know where in Cali MSGT-R and OldWrench are so I couldnt do them.

How does this sound to everyone if we change the final destination meet to Randsburg?
(Hover your mouse over the image to see the miles)

Omega Man and VegasWingnut go thru Barstow where Susie and I meet up with them then continue on to Randsburg.
LostWages_Barstow_Randsburg_219mi.JPG

Burbank_Barstow_Randsburg_171mi.JPG

This makes the mileage a bit less for scdmarx with no back tracking.
LosOsos_Randsburg_240mi.JPG

Some Randsburg info https://www.randsburg.com/randsb.html

for us midwesterners I'd be up for a trip as soon as snow clears
dont want to hijack this thread so if anyone else around the greatlakes is interested start a thread for us.
we should have some good weather by april :D

PS.
you guys all have fun, be safe, and maybe post some pictures aye.

dan filipi":1mcndpyy said:
I did up some maps, I dont know where in Cali MSGT-R and OldWrench are so I couldnt do them.

Some Randsburg info https://www.randsburg.com/randsb.html

I think OldWrench is a couple hours north of me. If he comes this way, he should be ready to gas up and pee, so we could meet up somewhere and ride together.

If he comes down 101, we could connect in Paso Robles.
If he comes down the I-5 way, we could connect around the Lost Hills - Button Willow - Bakerfield area.
Same goes for MSGT-R if he's anywhere in this area.

Looks like we'll have to hit the road pretty early to arrive by lunch time-ish.

Anyone going thru Mojave, we could meet up at 'Primos' and continue on from there.... I know the roads pretty well in that area... we just put on our National Hare and Hound Last weekend... at Teagle Wash.... not far from Randsburg.
Good place for a pit stop and a sip... coming down 58 left on 14 towards Bishop....second driveway on right, think it is the second driveway.... If you hit the 3rd, just swing around to the right behind the buildings to the dirt and turn right, you're there. In Randsburg there is a museum and a sort of park with benches and tables... also the only pit stop in town.... a good place to gather.... susie

sidecarsusie":3ax64k24 said:
From Florida,, guess it would be one heck of a ride....weather and all....ya leaving in the a.m.?

:smilie_happy: Yeah 4 days in advance so i can stop a few times to rent a hotel

scdmarx":1c1j82ll said:
Wow! You probably should pack up and get started tonight then. :smilie_happy:

I dare ya!

I would, but I'd have to take the Boss's 250, due to the fact that the wing is torn apart waiting for the weather to warm up so that I can lay the paint on it and get it back together. On top of that, I couldn't get the time off right now if I tried. :fiddle: