California Riding?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
I just flew into Sacramento, CA this week and we had clear skies all the way. Could see across deserts, mountains, lakes etc.. 80 miles outside Sacramento, the Pilot notified us of landing shortly and we were on final descent. Looking out the window at the mountain roads were incredible! Looking over the Delta Region and the roads go everywhere. I wish I had the time (and my bike with me) to try out some of these mountain roads! :crying:

I wish you did too. There's so many places to ride you'd never see them all if it was all you had to do. Even more if you have dual sport bike. I wish I could just drop everything and just take off and keep going till I was satisfied.

There's a lot to see in this country, but there is nothing that can compare to the western states, in my humble opinion.

Where I live, we're just naturally socked in fog this time of year. But go 5 minutes in any direction and the sun is shining. A lot of people vacation here to escape the summer heat.