Gl1100 Aspencade Speedometer/Odometer

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swjones214

Reaction score
Guys, my speedo/odo quit today. I'm pretty sure it's the cable or sensor that's crapped out. Has anyone got a spare cable for the 83A kicking around the shop? There are none on Fleebay, and I know these are pretty rare and hard to find. Or, if someone knows how to fix the sensor, I'm willing to give that a try as well. Any help would be appreciated!!
Thx
SJ

Pretty sure the '83 Aspy has an electronic speedo. Could be the sensor on the wheel, or the wiring from it to the speedo gauge. Not sure if it has a fuse in line anywhere, but you might start by checking connections between the sensor and the gauge. Others with more info will chime in shortly, I'm sure. Hope it's something simple! :good:

I would expect being electronic there must be a power source. I'd check all the fuses and connections to the speedo. Wheel sensor will be a very low voltage produced by magnets in rotation. There must be more electronics to read the signal. My eyes aren't up to reading the wiring diagram today.