gl1200 ICU internals

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ofishel724

Reaction score
My Bike Models
86 gl1200
so been having issues with forth and fifth gear assumed it was carbs opened them up needed a little cleaning but not enough for symptoms i had so as i was putting them back i noticed icu with green sticker there not sealed with epoxy so i opened it and a bunch of resistor's were blown so while i had it opend i replace all the caps for new now id like to do the resistors but they was so fried i couldnt get the color codes if anyone has theres open and wouldnt mind posting some really good pics id really apperciate it thank you

WOW WITH EACH INCARNATION OF THE OLDWINGS THEY WENT BETTER AND WORSE AT ABOUT THE SAME RATE THE 1200 IGNITION WAS JUST GARBAGE ..
Ok so what can I do to get bike back in road this is my only vehicle and paying Uber 50$ just to get to work

WOW WITH EACH INCARNATION OF THE OLDWINGS THEY WENT BETTER AND WORSE AT ABOUT THE SAME RATE THE 1200 IGNITION WAS JUST GARBAGE ..
And I really think it had to do with the horrible wiring the p/o had done with extra lights and radio

What year is your bike? From what I can recall Honda made an ECU for 1984 only and then another ECU for 1985 - 1987?