Got a new helmet today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Had some spare time today so I stopped in a M/C shop and bought this helmet.

image.php

The first thing my son said is "it looks gay", sheesh.

Does it?
Now I'm all self conscious about wearing it.

:smilie_happy:
Looks otay to me. I'd say the boy should be punished...make him clean the 'Wing with a toothbrush and q-tips... :cheeky:
:smilie_happy:

scdmarx":37vjsyjl said:
YYYYYYYYYYY-M-C-A..... :music2: :lust: :lust: :hihihi: :yahoo:

MACHO, MACHO MAN
I WANT TO BE A MACHO MAN.... :music: :whistling: :whip: :whip: :whip: :party:

Oh man :crying: :head bang:

:ahem: Dan came from Miami, FLA
:music: Hitch-hiked his way across the USA
:lust: Plucked his eyebrows along the way
:lust: Shaved his legs and then he was a she
:music: He says, He babe - take a walk on the wild side
:whistling: Hey honey - take a walk on the wildside
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

It's a nice helmet, but I prefer the full coverage helmets. Always picture my chin sliding across the pavement whenever I look at anything less... Which is often since living in AZ the full helmets get a little warm in the summer.

I've always worn full face but I get a lot of helmet noise on this bike, that's why I'm trying the open.

On my last ride I got sooo damn irritated by the noise. It's a fluttering/popping noise I assume caused by the buffeting around the windshield which stops completely with the face shield all the way open.
Sound familiar to anyone?

I bought a full face helmet. I liketa ripped my ears off putting it on, and just about finished the job taking it back off. While it was on my head got hot and itchy, seemed a little harder to breath, and I just couldn't hardly stand to have it on anymore. I took it off when the phobic sensation overcame the dread of ripping my ears off. I didn't even make it out to the bike. It is now a passenger helmet. Usually my wife and kids prefer it.

I also prefer no helmet, no seatbelt, and really ain't looking forward to getting punched in the face by an air bag. I've seen all the pictures. I understand this is unpopular. It's just me, that's all.

"Gay"......"Happy"......"Gay"......."Happy", I don't know, you choose. Your in CA!

As far as the buffeting, I use a similar helmut and do not get buffeted as much. I have also been told that a vent in the windshield will kill the buffeting 10 fold by changing the air flow over the windshield. Apparently, windshield vents were not designed to allow "cooler air" into the rider, that is a side effect, they are designed to reduce buffeting. That is not my opinion and I have no experience otherwise, just what the fairing windshield companies have posted.

im with gerry i find that the full face helmet buffeting is reduced along with noise ear squeezing ....ithink my helmet is bigger than others ive used and stays on good from the full front areo design ...icouldnt be more happy with it :mrgreen:

I prefer a full face helmet just for the simple fact that I don't want to ever plant my face on the road....but just like you say Dan, it is noisy with the face shield down. I ride with it up most of the time.
My wife is just a touch claustrophobic and can't hardly stand to wear a full face helmet because of it.

Attachments

• ready.JPG
    ready.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 118
Good info guys thanks!

I might try a windshield vent.
I saw once someone cut in airplane windshield vents, one on each side of center. I wonder if that would give the same effect to reduce the buffeting?

Also, I think it's Omega man has a strip of rubber seal wrapped around the edge. Seems like I read somewhere that helps reduce buffeting?