Handlebar risers/pullbacks

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David

Reaction score
Hi Folks.
I have been enjoying the riding weather here (finally) in Saskatchewan Canada!
I'm wondering if anyone knows of risers or pullbacks (whatever they are called) that I can use on my 83 GL1100.
I would like the bars back about 1 to 1 1/2 and up a little to make them a bit mor comfortable on the long rides.
Best regards
David

another good option is 1200 handlebars these are taller and have a greater pull back angle .....this work out perfect for me ......needed to get longer brakeline on my bike its a 79 1000

I rode a '84 1200 and can definitely tell the bars are different. I'm 6'2" which made me feel cramped even though the seat was adjusted all the way back.
I never thought to compare the bars to mine or the brake lines. If I see here again soon I'll compare them.

I am curious myself! I have rotor cuff issues and after a ride my left shoulder really hurts from reaching out to the handlebar. I have short legs so everything is adjusted accordingly, but it is still a reach for the handlebars.

I think the later 1100s have a differant bar than the early 1100s,but not sure witch years or what way.

I had a set of risers made for mine.1" out of aluminum and polished them up.At 1" I am at the max on my cables and still feel comfortable that Im not over stretching them.

I've got a set of "set-back" risers in my parts shelf in the garage. Had them on my '81 GL1100 Standard. see them in the gallery. They're available. These are rare to find. Raise the bar 1 1/2" and set back about 1 1/2"

Ray W

raywill":17a68qfp said:
I've got a set of "set-back" risers in my parts shelf in the garage. Had them on my '81 GL1100 Standard. see them in the gallery. They're available. These are rare to find. Raise the bar 1 1/2" and set back about 1 1/2"

Ray W
Now those are nice. I'll be keeping an eye out for those.

~O~

chasrogers":1y20tiv1 said:
raywill":1y20tiv1 said:

Ray W
yes I have a pare the same only in peuter and I can not use them on my 1982 interstate as it has a luggage rack on the dummy tank lid and the raisers make the bar hit that restricting the turn to about a less than half the original range on both sides so they are no good to me. chasrogers
Chas, I am looking for a set of setback risers still. PM me if they are available and how much!