Head gaskets....part III

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So....I pull the rear caliper off today and rebuilt it. Works fine, but....it was NOT what was leaking on the floor. :headscratch: I just assumed it was the caliper since there was drippage on the floor both at the shop, and on my rear deck at the house, right underneath where the caliper is located. Good news is, at least the caliper works, doesn't leak, and the piston does not hang up and drag the pads all the time now. Bad news is....it's the dadgum left rear SHOCK leaking. Fluid running down the swing arm and dripping off right under the caliper. :doh:
The fun never ends, does it? :head bang:

Oh well....I'm going to bring it home this weekend and stash it back on the rear deck. Might fix the shock leak, might not. Either way, it'll get cleaned up, and sold. :yes:

I did a rebuild/reseal with the Progressive springs in 2009. I did replace the seals again 2-3 years ago, along with new upper/lower bushings, and new boots. The damper tubes have a few scratches on them that are prolly prematurely wearing the seals. I should have sanded them smooth the first time I did this, but.....I dint. :blush: I have also aired them up a few times maybe a little more than required. :whistling:

:yahoo:
The TURD is back home! :clapping:
Mama & I went out to the shop today, I fixed the small fuel leak(at the filter), put some fuel in it, and rode it home, 35 miles. No muss, no fuss. Handles like a TRUCK...compared to the 1500. :smilie_happy: Put it to bed on the deck. Soon as it cools down enough, I'll put the cover on it. Needs to be cleaned up from sitting in the shop for several months, but that's no biggie.
So far, no visible leaks, no oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil. Temp gauge stayed right at the first little "notch" in the white line...just a smidge higher than here...

I did have the fan on the entire run, just to be safe. Prolly dint need it, but why take a chance, eh? :hihihi: Once I get it all cleaned up and looking mo spiffy, I'll put it up for sale locally. I'm gunna ask $1200 to start with. We shall see. :yes:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196835#p196835:aov32iyp said:
mcgovern61 » Yesterday, 9:09 pm[/url]":aov32iyp]
$1200 will be a quick sale! :shock: I would think she is worth $2500 for sure! :yes:
Not with the nickname "The Turd".

Latest posts