Hello from Kansas

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomlind

Reaction score
I am new to Goldwing ownership, but not new to motorcycles. I recently purchased a nice, low mileage GL1100 standard equipped with some Vetter accessories. as my new project. I've owned a full dress Vetter equipped 1974 CB750K for the last 35 years. I recently sold it (with over 100,000 miles and still running) and bought this "Wing. A friend with a 1975 GL1000 spent the last 30 years prodding me to buy one. Now I kick myself for not having done so years ago. :thanks: I'm looking forward to outfitting this bike with a few accessories and learning more about it. This seems to be the place to be for that!
286875.jpg

Welcome to the CGW Forums, tomlind!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

That's a right nice looking ride ya got thar! :good:

Hello and welcome,
I recently joined myself and have learned a great amount.
My bike is getting some service at the mechanics and man I am going through withdrawal big time.
I am continuing to paint and sand, paint and sand, paint and sand....
Simba

Welcome, Welcome :wave: :wave:
Your going to have fun on this site. :yahoo: :yahoo: Lots of good people, great info to do what you want to do.
Nice looking bike you got there. :yes: :yes:

dan filipi":uevw5uqd said:
Welcome!

Is the seat purple? That's different.

Actually, it is. :yahoo: ..I'm a Kansas State University Alum....Their colors are Purple/silver...(We are currently #20 in the nation in football! :music: ) It's only purple on top....A stock seat I had reshaped and custom covered in leather.

I want to thank everyone for the welcomes...Had a "Work on the Wing" day today...got a huge amount of stuff accomplished...much needed new front tire installed, repacked front wheel bearings, checked brake shoes....Front End A-OK....Also replaced my oil seeping, air leaking rear shocks with a set from a '93 Vulcan 1500 with manual adjustments. They were a breeze to install, once I changed out the rubber bushings and pressed in the little spacer on the left bottom bolt. The bike sits only a half inch higher and it tightened the "loose" feel of the back end considerably. Took it for a long ride tonight and it was amazing...feels like a new bike. Preset the shocks 1 click off the lowest setting..it handled much better. If anyone wants a tutorial on what I did with the shocks, PM me and I'll send you easy to follow directions....Tomorrow, hopefully we tackle installing the floorboards, (or maybe making sure I have all the neccesary hardware?) :clapping:

Hello and welcome to the site...I have a house in Kansas City but we are in Tx. for a little while..