Here she is, I named her, "the Wanderer "

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long thread so I don't know if this was mentioned, warm it up until the smoke/steam is pumping out good, let her sit to cool then take the plugs out and turn her over. I barley had any steam on old girlfriend and when I did this lots of water sprayed out the right side.

Sending positive thoughts bro but you have a bad gasket.

~O~

My fan doesn't kick on until the gauge almost reads overheated, so you've got a ways to go.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Okay, I'm beginning to think that aliens left this bike here just to mess with us. I let her run until the temp reached the red, no fan kicked on ( i did test the fan before installing and it works). Coolant reservoir started bubbling violently. Same steam and this time i placed a rag over tailpipe, no moisture and just smelled like regular exhaust fumes. Is the bike overheating on account of the fan not kicking on or maybe it is a slight head gasket after all.
I have never cranked a bike with the plugs out. Is this safe and if it was a head gasket , would water spray out as previously mentioned?

No, there is coolant in the radiator 50/50 ready mix. The smoke gets worse as the bike heats up and stays at that level.

Pulled plugs again and no sign of steam clean. Could be a small leak. Will stick with my game plan, check carbs . Thought about bar leaks just for assessment but that could gum everything up, so will pass on that.

Bubbling in the overflow, don't sound good. :nea: :sensored: Well that's what's called EXPERIENCE, sad but true. Sorry about your situation, seemed like you did a nice, clean job. :shock:

Here is what I'm thinking. At this point I'm leaning towards a problem with the head. Here's why:
The owner had purchased an engine for this bike but he did not say why. He mentioned the PO before him had removed the current engine to replace stator and some other things. I can get the extra motor for a mere $200 or I can just purchase another head. I called my local mechanic and informed him of all this and he suspects an internal crack in the head. He could ship it off and have it checked but that would probably cost more than my other options on the table.
So, with all of this hanging in the balance, and scratching my head ( no pun intended), I should just purchase the engine. The cheapest head online runs around $80, and that's $80 that could go towards the engine.
Another reason why I believe it could be an internal issue with the head is because it had the exact same problem before I changed the head gasket, and right after I completed the new head gasket, it steamed right up again.
Thoughts?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=163496#p163496:2e94cinm said:
slabghost » 3 minutes ago[/url]":2e94cinm]
Try this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-GoldWing- ... 4A&vxp=mtr

Thats pretty cheap and delivered to my door for free.

Engine is 3 hrs drive. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................decisions, decisions. :swoon:

I will say this. Thanks to you guys I know going in and refitting another head gasket and different head will be much easier, since I have done it just recently. I am also really excited that I can do the timing belts too. I did have many questions but I understand it all now. No anxiety with going in and fixing this. :rocks:

You said this was a replacement from the p o, that he had to replace your motor? If so & your sure of a good replacement,(condition) then your motor becomes a lot of spare parts at worst, if you get another head, or repair yours you have a spare motor to use, trade, or sell. No choice IF one has the SPARE cash in my mind.