High Output Stator

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I have not had a chance yet to replace the stator due to having another bike torn down. Good news is that the other bike is back together and I have vacation scheduled next week. This number one on my list of things to do. I'm also replacing the clutch and water pump while I have the motor out. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Steve

Wow, that would be a great time to change out those items ,mentioned.. Check out your vacuum advance too and be really careful not to bang it around while removing the engine you don't want that shaft being damaged inside there in the pulse generator..

I appreciate the heads up about the vacuum advance. I have never had the engine out of the frame yet so I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to run into. I plan to remove the radiator and unhook the intake manifolds from the heads and strap the carbs to the upper frame and remove the engine only. One question, how easy is it to remove the Circlip holding the drive shaft and do I need to remove the rear differential to slide the drive shaft out before removing the engine?

Your plan sounds good so far.

It's been awhile since I had mine out but I think removing the timing belt covers and oil filter helps with clearances coming out.
The spring clip is easy when using a small spring clip pliers with a 45 degree bend in the tips.
You'll need the type plier that expands the clip outward as opposed to inward.

Thanks for the advice, timing covers will be easy with the radiator out, been there done that when I replaced the timing belts and tensioners. I have a motorcycle jack that I think will support the engine just fine. I plan to put the bike on the center stand and support the bike from the handle bars to the rafters in the garage with a couple of ratchet straps for safety. I still have to duplicate your special socket to remove the clutch bolt and I hope I don't screw anything up since this bike runs so well.
:beg:

Attachments

• 35th VJMC Aniversary.jpg
    35th VJMC Aniversary.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 558

Latest posts