I have a new family true.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153741#p153741:1xttb4q8 said:
slabghost » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:59 pm[/url]":1xttb4q8]
have your fun with the arrogant Bsterds!
Man I have to meet you if we get over, we are going to have some much fun, I am about to phone my sister so I will let you all know what happens.

ian

So we spent an hour on the phone. I phoned her, a gentleman always calls first :blush: so I got her at about 09:00 her time, and we just started talking as though we had been doing it for a long time, but it was all about my birth mother and my brother, next time it will be about her and me. What I also found out it where they live, South Dakota in a place called Canton, farming community, small town but in Lincoln County. That's Billy the Kid country isn't it?

That's what I have always seen in films. The range wars of Lincoln County.

But it is just the way the whole family have just got so excited by it, my nephews and nieces are all talking to me like I had been there in the background of their lives all the time, talk about blending in. There is just one fly in this ointment, it isn't me that's for sure. but my youngest sister Dawn, is not computer savey so doesn't have one. It seams that my brothers wife (the one who found me) and Dawn don't see eye to eye, which is a big shame, why I don't know and unless they want to tell me it's their business. Poor Karla my brother Glenn's widow is very disabled at 54 she is eleven years my junior buy she says fells ten years old than me, she has to use a zimmer frame to get about. So you can imagine that I am concerned for her health. But she has good family around her and her kids are there for her all the time.

So that's the update for now. :hi:
Ian

Well I and Lis my wife are disabled she more than me, but it's just a part of life, in my case I think some bad life decisions smoking and so on, so hey ho nature hurts.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153804#p153804:3vmm9s8t said:
mcgovern61 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:20 pm[/url]":3vmm9s8t]
Nice update Ian! I am enjoying watching this all unfold!!! :yes:
Thanks Gery, so now we are getting deeper and deeper. So most of my family reside in and around Canton in SD, farmlands by the looks according to Google earth. I think that my eldest sister is not so happy with this all, she isn't coming straight out with it but is slower to respond than the kids but even so has not said anything directly. I sent her a private msg basically telling her to take her time as we all need to come to terms with this. But I have made it plain that I have a great need to speak with her, but only if she wishes and on her terms. Since my brother died just a short time ago maybe she thinks that it is all convenient. So instead of writing continually to her I have concentrated on a few of the kids that are real happy. And want a relationship. I can't force any of them to do this but I don't want to sour their relationships either. So I am thinking of asking the youngsters to reel it in a little and let the older ones make the pace. It is just amazing how the young uns accept this so much quicker than my sisters. I haven't had anything from the one. So I have just got to wait, maybe they are a bit jealous of my sister in law, that has done most of the donkey work here. So it is very easy to step on the wrong side of the knife edge that this sort of re union can create. So keep my fingers crossed.

Ian