I love this Goldwing dual sport

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not getting any air with it, that's for sure. Even if you could I wouldn't recommend it! But with all that weight it will bite into anything that isn't paved. For light stuff like muddy dirt roads I bet it would be very effective.

Dang...I wanted to see some "action" vid! Not just riding up/down the road! Let's see that thing out in the DERT! Or on a hill climb!
Bet he ain't just slingin it around like a 125!! :smilie_happy: Wonder how he picks it back up when it lays over on him.... :headscratch: :hihihi:

Nice build, tho...something differnt, fer sher. :good:

I like it a lot. I was hoping for more technical stuff done to it as well because I would love to do make my wing more of a dual sport.

I like the look and applaud his mods but I just think the bike is too heavy to perform well in hilly terrain.
Add to that a clutch that complains when it gets hot getting the beast going, and it's just not a very agile bike suited for this.

Go leading link! No fork seals! Add another 20lbs to the bike.... the clutch will love that. Would an oil cooler help the clutch?

A 575lb bike with 3 inches of rear suspension travel is how shall I say, less than ideal for serious off road? But for dirt/mud roads and trails, grassy fields and if you're really crazy, snow I think it could do the job well. No chain, 5 gallons of gas, haul whatever gear you want to take.

These were made for this kind of pounding but they are similar in weight, length, ground clearance. I wouldn't try these jumps on a wing but everything else, yeah! Germany also used motorcycles with sidecars heavily for getting around very quickly. Jobs like hauling messages, wounded, ammo, and small numbers of troops right to the front lines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzKTPovelc

[video]https://youtu.be/VqzKTPovelc[/video]This video shows what can be done if you are keen enough.

Latest posts