It's Rabbit Season

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianinpa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CJ027.jpeg

I got news for both of them... tomorrow it Bear Season in Penn's Woods!

r620-6d0b9dcf4b14a019478bbb57def7f7b7.jpg

Time to take the rifle for a walk for a few days.

"Kill da Wabbit!!!"
(fast forward to .55

[video]https://youtu.be/V-fk6943GcI[/video]

:music2: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103686#p103686:1x1884d2 said:
bperschnick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:54 pm[/url]":1x1884d2]
How 'bout a pic of a bear skin covered seat? Maybe with the head sitting on the faux tank lid?

Brad
I like that idea! :clapping:

It would be nice. I saw one last year but never got a shot off before someone else scared it away. It's just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.

...we have several bald eagles around me just a few hundred yards away ... I like watching them ...they are fabulous hunters and providers ... and skillful ....I want to be as good .... if brian skill matches the eagle he wont need to find anything else ...the bears are in trouble

[url=https://199.102.226.225/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103781#p103781:2pysvftx said:
ianstaley » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:54 am[/url]":2pysvftx]
What are you going to hunt when there ain't no bears left. \how about bald eagles?
Are you vegetarian, pacifist or just against hunting? Maybe you like fighting bears in your yard?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103786#p103786:33dm2e6w said:
joedrum » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:09 am[/url]":33dm2e6w]
...we have several bald eagles around me just a few hundred yards away ... I like watching them ...they are fabulous hunters and providers ... and skillful ....I want to be as good .... if brian skill matches the eagle he wont need to find anything else ...the bears are in trouble

We have Wedge tail eagles that breed in the hill behind us every couple of years and I love to watch them hunting and passing on the skill to their offspring. What is also interesting is seeing the other birds all working together to chase them away. So there are Crows, Magpies, Currawongs and PeeWees all working together to chase ( they usually do this by a kamikaze strike on their wings that cause them to tumble and lose altitude) the Wedgie away. Once the Wedgie has gone all the smaller birds gang up on the Crows and so on until everyone has gone their separate ways.
My daughter doesn't like them though as they managed to turn her hand raised Bantam hen into a meal and had a good go at two of our Mini Foxy dogs when they were alive.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103844#p103844:30alzhq0 said:
slabghost » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:24 am[/url]":30alzhq0]
[url=https://199.102.226.225/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103781#p103781:30alzhq0 said:
ianstaley » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:54 am[/url]":30alzhq0]
What are you going to hunt when there ain't no bears left. \how about bald eagles?
Are you vegetarian, pacifist or just against hunting? Maybe you like fighting bears in your yard?

Vegi.. No...Pacifist..highly unlikely as a served officer in our Army....hunting.. also no, when you hunt to eat. even those that have lots of money I don't object to hunting to eat, like here in the UK we have the "glorious 18th" it's in august where all the "Nobility" and those that can afford to pay get to shoot about 30000 grouse in one day why cause it's fun. Even Deer hunting is very strictly controlled, Costs about £800 a day for a one kill license, even then you have no guarantee of a kill and you are allowed only to shoot when the Gilly tells you "that one is okay" and he will tell you where to place the shot.

I can understand the fear of bears, pit bulls and every other wild life that some people feel threatened by, but at the end of the day they have been here living in natures balance for millennia before we appeared on the horizon. As I said what ya gona do when all the bears are dead? You as a nation have practically done in the Buffalo for what meat no, just fur, tell me I hear that when the American man goes "hunting" you sort of defeat the object by having to wear HiVis vests to stop the feverd man from blasting anything and everything that moves.

Look I like hunting, Foul, Rabbit and a few other things, but I kill what I can eat, I do not or would like to eat a bear, probably a bit on the tough side for my false teeth. An old friend of mine I think he still lives in Canada and a bit out of the way shoots a mouse every year to put in the food box, no problem but killing for pleasure is invariably a ahum (cough) Human trait. I have shot kudu in South Africa and have had to shoot a warning shot to big cats, after all they only want to eat what I shot. Just because it has big teeth and claws doesn't mean it's dangerous I know a few women that would fit that description, my ex for one, she still has it in for me after 30 years of divorce.

I just wonder how many bears get shot for a rug each year? Against how many people get killed and eaten by a bear, oh and ask the question why did the bear kill the person.

:thanks:

Ian,many,many years ago the buffalo were hunted almost to exinction,but due to conservatory efforts they are making one hell of a comeback,i for one am glad they are back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.thesudburystar.com/2013/11/2 ... pring-hunt

Pat Hill, a guide and part owner of Trout Lake Outfitters, located 40 minutes south of Sudbury, is happy to have the spring hunt back, but wants to see it expanded.

"I think it's good a start," Hill said. "It would be better if it was open to non residents as well as that's our number one business. But it will do some good and keep the population down. It's getting out of hand.

"I've never seen so much bear sign in my life," he said. "There are tracks and scat everywhere. It's good for us and for business, but not for wildlife. They are taking too many calves and fawns, especially moose calves. We had 25 moose sightings this fall and they were all adults, no young animals. We saw one calf at night, that was it."

<snip>

"Police don't want to deal with the bear problem and the MNR has no budget for it, so it's a great way to manage nuisance bears," Ramakko added. "It's a good first step and if the tool works, we can go back to negotiate more of a bear season."

Yup so am I but it is unfortunate that it allways seems that what ever we touch we screw up big time. But you know no matter nature will always win out, so I am a great believer in the fact that our time is limited as the so called master race. We are doing the best we can in destroying everything we touch.

Ever thought that maybe we have been visited by so called aliens but we are too dangerous to allow into the rest of the universe. Bet you will find a big sign out there past Uranus and a big Screen with a flashing light on top say Don't go past this point dangerous animals. or in old pirate language .... there be monsters here run away as quick as ye can.

:smilie_happy:

Bear meat is edible but definitely not my taste. I had bear steaks a few years ago. I much prefer venison and other game over bear. A few co workers are more fond of hunting than I am so they get their trophy and I get meat for my freezer.