Joe's new motor?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See if you can get a few million miles out of this one! Thanks to everyone who helped to make this happen.

Good luck on your project. Lots of pictures and explanations needed when you do the heads and valves. Going to give a valve job a go on my '85 LTD - never done one before on a bike.

Good luck.

I’ve been off computer lately ...things have went crazy here with my sons grandfather going down with a stroke ...had to fight like hell against the goverment to get him home instead of nursing home assets thieves ....what a fight ....this is like the undeclared death tax steal on the people period ....anyway we won the fight ....I won’t even go into all the things they did wrong at the hospital while he was in there care .....

Hopefully soon I’ll get on the bike project

If a person is using Medicaid for healthcare, there is already a lien against any valuable property (house, bank accounts, life insurance, etc) that person owns. Medicaid won't go after a pre-paid burial plan, but all else is fair game.

For years, I told my mother-in-law she should sign over her place to one of her kids (not me) to protect it from Medicaid seizure after she died. She refused, saying she didn't want to give her home away. When she died, Medicaid had over $79,000 in healthcare claims against the place. The place was sold by a realtor to satisfy the claims. Luckily, one of my children was the high bidder, so the place stayed in the family.

Medicaid ain't free if you own anything valuable!!

Yep like I said ..it’s the undeclared death tax on the people of lower scale of assets in life ....not on my and my sons watch ....totally disgusting ..as a person of older age I have nothing in my name for the buzzards to pick on ...I give my inheritance while alive to my kids ...like building a home for my son now ..and the home before was in my kids name ...not mine ..of course my wife screwed that up big time ...but even that seems to be righting itself again ...glad I got a positive post on this ...thanks mark

I’ve got the heads off the new motor ...it looks great ..hmmm maybe I took some pics I’ll see ...yep bikes are out riding now ...I’m missing out ...just have to get head gaskets and notch the pistons and throw it together ...got a 1200 fuel pump to use ..not sure it’s enough to for the Weber clone carb though ...the only problem hooch had was draining the carb bowl under all out throttle ...but most of the time I’d give up first ...I’m not sure how much money I’d have to throw at hooch to ever get all the way though 3rd gear or into forth or fifth gear under full throttle ....the front end gets lite I’m thinking and the 1/2 inch off tracking it has may be what causes the bike to start wobbling around 100 mph ...this is just guessing on my part ....hooch does have the smaller 1000 forks and no fork brace ...I’m rather sure of one thing ...super fast bike and shaft drive is not a good combo at least in this vintage oldwing set up ....I’d welcome ideas on this matter ....I wish I could figure out a way for me or someone else who’s a much better rider than me to get into forth and fifth gear under full throttle ...bike does well except WOT conditions .....smooth as can be on road trips and such ...

I’m hoping to get started soon sorry for the delay ...

Latest posts