LED light upgrade list

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6Actual

Reaction score
Is there a list anywhere of LED replacement bulbs for GL100-1100 also what turn signal relay works best with LED?
Im trying to get some kinda power reserve in the light dept to run a few ACC reliably (hanging a car alternator of my wing is not an option for me) :mrgreen:
thanks

Any of the electronic flashers will work with the signals... the auto types need resistance to function, that is why they don't blink when light is out or blink fast depending the model of flasher..

I think the best ones out there are the Cree type, I replaced the two in my stop lamp and they are brighter then the 1157`s were, If I were to keep going and do the turn signals I would look for the same type lamp, they do come in amber as well as red..I used the red and gives it a nice full red color..Best to use the color of the lens your lighting.. Whatever you use be sure and get ones that have LED`s on the sides as well as the tip, the licence plate will be awash in red so maybe a couple white LED licence plate bolts to reverese the red. Here`s the post I made.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6663

I have those figured out for the 1156 and 1157 what I need to know is the correct dash lights I don't want to get something to bright. I have also done the H I D conversion. I just need enough reserve power to run heated vest and gloves and run my GPS.

Yes Thanks
that links their home page they have 10zillion applications. I was hoping to find the specific dash bulb and the right turn signal flasher to run low draw LEDs the stock one will not work. I read the correct one somewhere but cannot re find it as I dont remember which GL forum I had originally found it on. I plan to post a crossover list once I have found all the info.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=109979#p109979:28mr6j8o said:
6Actual » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:25 am[/url]":28mr6j8o]
I have those figured out for the 1156 and 1157 what I need to know is the correct dash lights I don't want to get something to bright. I have also done the H I D conversion. I just need enough reserve power to run heated vest and gloves and run my GPS.

These should be what you want.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/search/led-products/twist instrument panel light/

You need the electronic two terminal flasher... the electronic ones are comparable to each other.. and they also work with regular builds also.. the three terminal is for emergency flashers as it makes both side flash together.. if you plan to tow a trailer then look for one.that will control 8 lights or greater... in cages they call that heavy duty. .. but with Leds that does not apply..

I didn't run LEDs in the flashers as they were not bright enough last year when I did the Rats Nest. 2 5w marker lights with all my other LED replacement bulbs is not much draw ( plus I have a 35w HID headlight bulb). I was pretty impressed with my cheap AGM battery and the fact it wound over the GW for at least a minute and a half while fuel was pumped up with all lights going after 5 months of not being run

Changed out the rear red bulbs to LED, added a 3-wire flasher and all was well, Well while I am in the electrical mode,Changed out the front amber bulbs in the front, Well I thought the old man done GOOD!! WRONG, Turned on the the right turn and both started flashing, Turned the left and the same thing, Well I bought this bike in July and added anouther fuse block to help out on the igition switch, and also 4 relays. Now BACK to the problem About both front bulbs flashing, when the signal was on, OK heres my story and I am sticking to it!! The bottom of the amber bulbs that makes contac to the holders was about .190 long, after the bulb was inserted it made contac in the bottom of the socket it made contac on both hi and low feeding back to the outher bulb! Put 1157s back in and it works as it is supposed to, Well here comes the best part of this family an says it break time, I explained what i had done, Well she hands me 2 RED led bulbs and they worked PERFECT!! If anyone buys the bulbs at an auto show {fall Charlotte] MAKE SURE the the bottoms are like they are supposed to be, I am an old man, not much hair, Snowing and Sleeting out, and the garage fridg, is almost empty!!! Have a GREAT DAY!! Charlie Franz

If your pin position are not correct just grind off the one and they will still work. Make sure that you leave the correct orientation one for the posts to line up in the bottom.

Can anyone give me information on the LED H4 bulb used to replace the
standard headlight bulb? Somewhere, when I wasn't looking for such a
bulb I had found several different listings from several sites, but now I
am at a loss of where they were.

The led h4 bulbs that I have had experience with are not bright enough in my opinion yet. I use a 35w HID kit which is nice and bright and I have modified some led 4w lights with some 9w LEDs in the center.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117799#p117799:pp9x2ook said:
Ansimp » Wed May 14, 2014 12:44 am[/url]":pp9x2ook]
The led h4 bulbs that I have had experience with are not bright enough in my opinion yet. I use a 35w HID kit which is nice and bright and I have modified some led 4w lights with some 9w LEDs in the center.

What is the color temperature of your HID light in degrees Kelvin?