Let's hear your 2013 ride plans!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81861#p81861:23dkmouf said:
joedrum » Wed May 22, 2013 8:59 am[/url]":23dkmouf]im going to the meet and greet at joes too ....hmmmmm I get to go bring in lost wings to the classic wingnuts and there oldwings ....going to be fun

You don't have too far to go do you? :shock:

Next Wed evening, my house to Fredericksburg, VA. Thursday, my brother, myself and Paul are off to western VA, western NC, probably stay around Ashville.
Friday up through TN into KY, stay at my sister's.
Saturday across KY & WV into SW Pa, drop off Paul in Markleysburg.
Sun, back to Fred. and on to my house in NC.

Fresh oil change, new tires, new brake pads and clean carb sliders (one was sticking).
Today's test ride was flawless.

Already got the first trip done earlier this month (june)Road about 2000 miles up through MICHIGANS great U.P. into WISCONSIN around all the great little lakes and into MINNISOTA before zigging back an more virgen back roads.

The next trip will be in august.I need to go to GASTONIA NC for work for a couple days,so as long as they are funding the trip I take the wing and divert up the BLUE RIDGE and wonder a bit from there.

Just dont think I can make JOES again this year.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81884#p81884:3karclfo said:
Ansimp » Wed May 22, 2013 2:28 pm[/url]":3karclfo]Just in case a few of you have forgotten.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5661#p79123

Hmmm, when will you reach Kingman AZ? If the timing is right I and maybe my son in law could travel to Lake Havasu with you. Maybe have a meal with you folks.

~O~

Sounds good Omega, we are still tweaking the details. As soon as it is solid I will let you know. After my ride my wife and daughter will arrive on the 25th of August and we are planning to be in Vegas at some stage as we have family in Henderson. So one way or the other we should be able to catch up at some stage. :yes:

In between all of what has been going on in my life, my daughter was up from Florida last spring and we too a nice ride on the Jersey country roads! Later on, I found she had taken a picture and posted on Facebook:

image.php

Buffalo to Maine and back, one week, four guys, maybe a girl and her dog. With luck and perseverance I get to take the new to me 83 gl1100 mongrel. What's the best way to remove a broken air mixture screw, can't finish the carb tune without it. May have to hope it was a good mix and just run with it!
Persuing adventure...kb

I did the trip from PA to Springfield Mass, and while in Mass the wife and I made it as far North as Kittery Maine and I got into every State in New England. Gerry and I made the trip to Joe's for the CGW Midwest meet and while there I stumbled into Illinois. I hope that next month I am still able to make it to the Saunders Site Northeast meet in Front Royal Virginia. Last year I did the entire Skyline drive and this year I want to jump down and hop onto the Blue Ridge Parkway. So far for 2013, my map looks like this:

Attachments

• 2013.jpg
    2013.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 535

Latest posts