Miles on the ‘78 (and a mural for William)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embarrassed to say that the 78 GL1000 has not seen much Road duty this riding season. Very sporadic. Half a dozen times to work and a few breakfast and lunch runs. Got after it today. (even got wet!) Ran through a pretty good cloud, but it wasn’t a cold rain and it didn’t last, so I was able to dry out without any appreciable misery.

Running solo, I toured the rural farmland south of the metro area and crossed Salt River Indian Reservation. Breakfast at one of my favorites – the headquarters café. A mountain of bacon with the eggs, literally! Had lunch at a joint that just might serve the best fish tacos west of the Mississippi – Elmer’s. In fact, the place is one big mural, inside and out. Couldn’t help but think of William and snap a couple of shots. Sample below. Couple of hundred easy, therapeutic miles.

And oh by the way, I can go all over the place on the CBX, and that motorcycle is all but invisible except to the old farts who actually know what it is. They are few and far between. But let me spin around on this old custom GL 1000, and I get nods and thumbs up, stares and double takes from everybody. Even Harley riders appreciate it! I’ll say it again, this motorcycle gets more attention than any I have ever ridden.

9141D6E1-395C-40BE-B3A5-C4191D37AF44.jpeg

And you ride a bumblebee!! I must admit everyone seems to have a Goldwing story when I am on the Rats Nest.

Latest posts