Modification to 1500 timing.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
Saw something about making a modification to your stock trigger wheel, to advance your timing. Lost the site, can't seem to find it, didn't get to read it either. :sensored: Was wondering if the 85-87 could also be advanced the same way??? :headscratch: Any assistance would be appreciated :thanks: Denver

Actually the wheel's were available in 4 or 6 degree advancements & were helpful in ANY 1500 including the Valkyrie. Premium gas became necessary, turning some off to the idea. It's not a hard job, and gives good results. Denver

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100622#p100622:2ooygwpm said:
Denver » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:12 pm[/url]":2ooygwpm]
Actually the wheel's were available in 4 or 6 degree advancements & were helpful in ANY 1500 including the Valkyrie. Premium gas became necessary, turning some off to the idea. It's not a hard job, and gives good results. Denver

6 degrees of advance without being able to back it down under load? I'd probably go for it with a Valkyrie but no way on a Wing that would be loaded up with 2 people and luggage. Remember, you would also be advancing the timing at lower rpm. We installed them on sportbikes but they were purely for high rpm improvements and NO load.

I'd better get our new coils soon so we can finish the 1500 kit! We are 80% done with it.

Can't say you are wrong. Mine has been in for several years & many, many great miles, with no problems at all Denver

Latest posts