My Ford E150's engine died..

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can buy a engine at a pick and pull for a real good price. This way if you have the time you can pull the engine out and learn how to put it in as the reverse of pulling it out it could be a good project to work with your son as a bonding project. If you don't have to have it quick, and save a pot full of money. I taught my son how and learned myself was a fine bonding experience. But best of all after all the cut knuckles,bruises there will be no more hot rodding and proud feeling to accomplishment together. And at least a grand more for work on the bikes. Try it you and the boy can doit. atry it if you have any problems you can pm i will give you my home number and walk you through it. Good luck and have fun doing iyt.

I would go for the cheaper second hand engine and if you are so inclined get yours rebuilt to your budget and the re sell the second hand engine when it is still running in your van. That way the buyer can be convinced that they are buying a great running engine as they can test it in your van first.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=197664#p197664:jgdseufk said:
tinman38 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:55 pm[/url]":jgdseufk]
You can buy a engine at a pick and pull for a real good price. This way if you have the time you can pull the engine out and learn how to put it in as the reverse of pulling it out it could be a good project to work with your son as a bonding project. If you don't have to have it quick, and save a pot full of money. I taught my son how and learned myself was a fine bonding experience. But best of all after all the cut knuckles,bruises there will be no more hot rodding and proud feeling to accomplishment together. And at least a grand more for work on the bikes. Try it you and the boy can doit. atry it if you have any problems you can pm i will give you my home number and walk you through it. Good luck and have fun doing iyt.

Well, unfortunately I have no garage space. The driveway is sloped so very difficult to work on.
My son seems uninterested in mechanical things.
I bought him RC cars and airplanes but he just plays with them but not fix/fiddle with them.
He doesn't work on his dirt bike either.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=197665#p197665:252je9fe said:
Ansimp » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:43 pm[/url]":252je9fe]
I would go for the cheaper second hand engine and if you are so inclined get yours rebuilt to your budget and the re sell the second hand engine when it is still running in your van. That way the buyer can be convinced that they are buying a great running engine as they can test it in your van first.

Yes I will buy the used engine.
I will upgrade AAA membership also so that I can get 100 mile free towing.

I had a long block rebuild sent here. Put it in myself. That Harbor Freight engine hoist was worth every penny.

When I was looking for a ford 302 motor there was a used engine guy in Irwindale JP engines that had the best price and guaranteed for 1 year or forget the miles, I think it was around 1000 maybe 1200 for the whole deal but I really cant remember I checked BBB and no complaints, he does allot of work and buys used low mile motors from wrecks ect and checks them for compression,fluid leaks, leakdown test..seemed competent but I went full out and had my original motor rebuilt instead.
Lots of engine service in Azusa/Irwindale, cheap to do business there in Azusa/Irwindale area and lots of support businesses nearby makes for better prices so if you dont mind travel then it may be worth some calls in the area.

Latest posts