My hand made trailer

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danf

Reaction score
I made this HF trailer out of 1/2" LP siding materal [sheets]..12" wheels, looking to get a swivel type hitch but for now just the ball type..View attachment 1 :grin:

nice beaver ....one of these days im making one ....i think its a good choice you went for the 12" wheels.....looks like it holds quite a lot .....how dose it pull :clapping: :eek:k: :mrgreen:

dan filipi":nq49gfz1 said:
Did that trailer come with the 8 inch wheels originally?
Just wondering if you see a difference in handling or control with 12's versus 8's.
Not really, I like the 12" wheel trailer better, here's a photo of my 8" one, they are different trailers but both pull great, I wanted bigger wheels.. :grin: View attachment 1 I would change out the grease with a good bearing grease, stock is pretty light looking grease..

Pretty snazzie...I love those Harbor Freight trailers...great to pull behind a bike or to put the bike on.

lew1701":2nw45u3y said:
Pretty snazzie...I love those Harbor Freight trailers...great to pull behind a bike or to put the bike on.
Thanks, the 12" one is my favorite.. I use it for a work table to cut wood and stuff, perfect height..Perfect tailgating trailer too..

Yes, it's very nice!
Only if my GL1100 got a power to haul it AND the sidecar.

I see single wheel trailers designed for motorcycles on the net. They are small and narrow but I guess they still require license plates.. maybe depends on the state?, any one knows?

skiri251":3upffsnt said:
Yes, it's very nice!
Only if my GL1100 got a power to haul it AND the sidecar.

I see single wheel trailers designed for motorcycles on the net. They are small and narrow but I guess they still require license plates.. maybe depends on the state?, any one knows?
Not in the State of Kansas unless it's over 2.000 lbs..Every State is different..

skiri251":1ymvy6hn said:
littlebeaver":1ymvy6hn said:
Not in the State of Kansas unless it's over 2.000 lbs..Every State is different..

That's nice.
I have an HF foldable trailer which is less than 2000 lbs but I needed to register it.
Ya know something? I laugh everytime I look at your sidecar..Looks kinda funny.. :smilie_happy: Really neat though..Cracks me up...Does your passenger wear snoopy googles :smilie_happy: I have a ball hitch on my riding lawnmower and I use the trailer to haul stuff..Most helpful..Sometimes the kids get rides in it..

littlebeaver":30khu9h4 said:
Ya know something? I laugh everytime I look at your sidecar..Looks kinda funny.. :smilie_happy: Really neat though..Cracks me up...Does your passenger wear snoopy googles :smilie_happy: I have a ball hitch on my riding lawnmower and I use the trailer to haul stuff..Most helpful..Sometimes the kids get rides in it..

I get lots of similar reactions when I ride it. :)
No, my passenger doesn't wear goggles since it's fully covered, but I guess that will add more laughs. That and a dog in a sidecar is a sure attention getter.

Do you have lower speed limit on freeways for a vehicle with a trailer in Kansas?
Here in so Cal, it's 55 MPH so I need to risk either being run over by the big rigs or speeding ticket.

I don't think so but that's a good question, I never go too fast while towing anyway as I'm never in that much of a hurry, everything is pretty laid back over this way.. Your sidecar is awesome..

littlebeaver":gbnem689 said:
I don't think so but that's a good question, I never go too fast while towing anyway as I'm never in that much of a hurry, everything is pretty laid back over this way.. Your sidecar is awesome..

Again, that's nice.
Around here (LA metro area) every one drives like crazy.
Even big rigs do 65~70 MPH in the slowest lane. Who drives 55MPH?

I want to do 55 all the way if that's safe...

I have a HF trailer. I bought with the idea of camping more often but that kinda got put on the back burner.

My plan is to build a box live beav has, attaching it with latches so it's easier to store.

I don't think I'd pull it around L.A though. People drive too crazy and I could just see the trailer getting clipped and taking me with it.
I'd probably only use it when going into the local mountains camping. Nice places to camp in Angeles National Forest.

I go family camping with my XT500 on a trailer once or twice a year. It's either to a desert OHV or fire trails.

The problem is I need to use major freeways to go anywhere remote from where I live. It's nice and cool in Summer here (I don't need an air conditioner) but maybe I should move out to somewhere in high desert or some place.

item.jpg

Yes, it's scary to haul a trailer even with Jeep. I can image how it is going to be with my GL sidecar rig.

I restored a 1974 starcraft and our family really enjoyed it, I had the best time fixing it up..I'll see if I have a photo somewhere, but I love pop ups..Cool here it is..Not too good a photo..

How many of you guys use swivel type trailer hitches, I don't, but would like to know if any of you guys have one or had one in the past and what's your opinion on it? .