New from southwest Ohio

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Believer45

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1962 Triuimph Bonneville (sold)
1975 BMW R90/6 (bought new, sold 20+ years later)
1985 GL1200 Interstate, LOVE this bike.
Good day all. Old guy, old bike, started my riding career on a 1962 Triumph Bonneville, spent most of my riding time on a 1975 BMW R90/6 that I bought new and sold some time in the late 1990s or early 2000s (forget which). I bought my current ride as a mid life crisis that hit me 20 years late - supposed to happen when you are 40 from what I understand. I figured it was OK as the bike was 27 years old at the time. I am loving this vintage Wing. Smoother, quieter and more reliable than the Harleys of similar age, fits my 6 1/2 feet and too many lbs a lot better than the BMW did although I was able to "put up" with the Beemer for some 25 plus years. My only regret is if I had kept the Beemer I would be the original owner of an antique motorcycle, albeit one that did not fit me all that well.

I am the fourth owner of my wing and, surprisingly, all the owners have lived within 10 miles of my house! Kind of a different one, eh?

Anyway, glad to be aboard and look forward to good reading and exchange of information.

Dave / Believer45

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Latest posts