New goldwinger here

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilgerat

Reaction score
Howdy everyone. Just picked up an 81 Interstate (Prev owner swears there are only 35,000 on it, we'll see), after my last ride got splattered by a Toyota Camry changing lanes (broken toe, seperated shoulder assorted cuts and scrapes mending well) had the Holley 1940 carb conversion on it ran like crud even after disassembly and cleaning got a 34Pict3 carb and mainifold off Ebay runs better but rich may rejet

Welcome aboard. If the 34pict3 has the accelerator pump squirting through a tube. Position the tube so spray doesn't wash the butterfly or the carb wall and it will be much easier to adjust.

welcome to classic ....stock carb uses .035 idle jet ...took me a long time to figure out car carbs can not be way bigger there ...there more like strait carbs and not cv type witch make idle being bigger more a problem .....im currently down to that size of idle jet on a 32-34 progressive carb im using ...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159952#p159952:11ud05eq said:
joedrum » 23 minutes ago[/url]":11ud05eq]
welcome to classic ....stock carb uses .035 idle jet ...took me a long time to figure out car carbs can not be way bigger there ...there more like strait carbs and not cv type witch make idle being bigger more a problem .....im currently down to that size of idle jet on a 32-34 progressive carb im using ...
Me too, down to a .035 idle jet in the one barrel solex. .030 was too lean.