New Member from Mauritius

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyril Perrier

Reaction score
Hi,
I am Cyril Perrier from Mauritius. Mauritius is a 720 sq mile island in the middle of the Indian Ocean. My baby is a GL1200 Aspencade (1984)

:yahoo:

Welcome from Oz Cyril, a very beautiful island in the middle of the Indian Ocean. As you are probably aware I am from the big island on your right. :good:

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. Yes, it is tough -if not impossible- getting parts here. My GL1200 is the only one on the island and it was imported second-hand, which means that the Honda dealer here is not even interested to stock spares. Therefore, when I need parts I have to order them from Honda Europe (either from France of United kingdom). Even when I travel to Paris or London. I cannot get the parts readily as I have to order the parts beforehand because the Honda dealers there do not stock them. They would themselves order them from Honda Europe which is, one could say, 'virtual', In other words Honda Europe does not sell retail but only supplies the parts to Honda dealers.

Ansimp, can you get parts easily in Australia? If yes, could you please provide me with any addresses from which I could order online. Thank you.

Cheers,
Cyril
:eek:k:

Everything I order is usually online from eBay or recommended suppliers on these forums. I have a brother in the US so if the sellers won't sell internationally I send stuff to him and he the mails it to me. My local Honda dealer is the same to deal with old bikes and if for some reason they have access the parts are cost prohibitive. I needed carby parts for my CBR and they were over $400 where I got aftermarket parts from SCI in Canada for $72 delivered.

Thanks Mike,
Unfortunately I don't take it out often enough: I am also a great fan of classic cars ( i have a few of them) and they must all be taken out regularly.