Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! My name is George and I have an old Gl1200 ltd that I really like. It really set my standards that I use to compare other bikes. Most others however fall short. I have been riding all my life and consider the performance, comfort, anemities a must after having them. Anyway I have a Harley that really is also nice and a new Trophy thats a blast and comfortable too. My Goldwing recently stopped running suddenly and is missed so I thought I would join and ask for help. I will post seperately in the appropriate section about that. So Hello again!

Welcome from North TEXAS DFW area....

Really glad to have you .. noticed I thought it worth repeating

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Thanks for all the nice welcomes! Its interesting to see how many vintage Wing riders there are here in the US. The bikes not the riders lol. The supposed local GW guru that I was advised to seek help from literally told me to buy something newer. I guess he misses the point that these old wings are still really technologically comparable bikes with fuel injected engines, shaft drive, overdrive, performance and comfort all in one model. The GL1200 LTD set the standard with which I judged all other bikes for me. I have given my Goldy to my son and have since bought a 12 Ultra Classic that I consider less refined however It does have a mechanical/torquey character that appeals to me. I also have a New Triumph Trophy thats just awesome. Point is all these years later the old Gl1200 still really does compare to the newer bikes for ride quality and enjoyment. No matter which bike my butt is currently on in my travels, I look forward to seeing you folks on the road keeping the old Goldwings going strong! thanks again for the welcomes!