NEW Members vs OLD Members **CHALLENGE** READ this please

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
82gl1100iwingman":3q54dy7x said:
Ok, I have a question. I joined on 12-5-09 and was the 100th member to join, I am still a new member?

The rank is based on your post count unless I go in and make a manual edit to change it.

I donated when I ordered the patch and sticker this is a great site recent was about clutch lead me to replace the cable first and that took care of it some day I might even get to meet some of you.

Well I would like to meet some of you but between work and my son it makes it hard sounds like everyone here
is great to talk too.I see some goldwingers around here and I tell them to check out the site but around here
the poeple are very snobby at most times me and my son are very easy going and make friend all the time

cooltech":1x7nqcjk said:
Well I would like to meet some of you but between work and my son it makes it hard sounds like everyone here
is great to talk too.I see some goldwingers around here and I tell them to check out the site but around here
the poeple are very snobby at most times me and my son are very easy going and make friend all the time

I think what he meant was your signature does not state where in the US you are and that you may actually be near some members.

The Dalls is nice been through there several timed I graduated from Harper High school near Ontario, Was there the last of part of Sept. to Pick up the 1500. Rode up on the 1100 with my son and rode back togather, seperatly on the 1100 and the 1500 600 miles one way.

600 miles one way have not gone even close to that someday maybe. If by chance anyone comes up this way drop me a pm to meet up I'm always up for a bbq rain or shine most winters we get about 15 inches of rain a year and about on average 3 feet of snow and lots of wind that why we are the gorge great place to wind surf

I finally got around to donating to this great site. Thanks to everyone for the ideas, advice, and just plain goodness.

I was dreading having to spend $200 on new piston rings, but found a good aftermarket (Hastings) set for around $50, thanks to this forum! I'm sure there will be many more "Wow!" moments as time goes on.

Just now donated after reading this thread from last Summer.
Today I read the post about ATF in the fuel, good stuff.
The photos in the DIY articles are worth the price of a donation as well.
I photographed my '82 Interstate rear shock rebuild as well as a 28 page bicycle repair manual, so I know first hand how much work goes into that.

I always get help or a tip when I post a question, and thats worth quite a bit.
If I were to chuck it all and roam the country on my Wing...hmmm :music3: Ahem, back to reality... I know that as long as I have net service, and maybe a small tablet, I can get online and log in to this site for support.

As far as pro shop labor charge$, yes they can be steep and doing your own work is rewarding in several ways, but occasionally a really good mechanic presents his/her self through excellent knowledge, service and a laugh or two.
I would like to now give a shout out to Gary at Cyclemetrics in Portland Ore.
He provides top notch work and service as well as lending an ear when you may have a quick question, all traits that are vanishing in our ever faster, sales-hyped, "sorry thats not my dept." service world we have created.
Again, my hat is off to you all, thanks for the help.
Have a good weekend.

Latest posts