New to forum .. Hey from Austin Texas

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dafox999

Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals, I assume).

Been riding my whole life, and recently had to ask my father to relinquish his cherished '83 Interstate. He's 80, and mom always rides on back and it's getting dangerous. He didn't dump it, but his foot slid on some gravel and it slowly went down. Mom was OK, but he burned his leg on the exhaust, and they couldn't pick it up. they were in the middle of nowhere. That was two years ago, and he walks with a cane now. I promised to take good care of his bike.

Frankly, I'm a bit short for it I feel. I'm 5'9" and with the footboards down, I have to put my feet pretty far out and barely touch. it's a tall bike. That aside, it is a very nice ride. I've put in a stronger headlight bulb, added two smaller headlights, replaced the old cassette, put some new tires on.

I used to be a mechanic, but not a bike mechanic, and I'm running into some issues and will post those problem in the proper place after I learn the forum a bit.

Welcome to the forum.. I have seen folks remove the floorboards for more leg space, also a good set of MC boots will give you a half inch or so of length. You can always find a lower seat, I`m thinking the travelcade sits lower, maybe i`m thinking of another seat? Anyways good luck on your new bike...They are pretty easy once you understand them.

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the welcomes!

Yeah .. I think I may remove the boards. I scrape them at least 1/4 of the time when turning .. they are so low and wide.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97197#p97197:ohiffsv5 said:
dafox999 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:34 am[/url]":eek:hiffsv5]
Hey guys (and gals, I assume).

Been riding my whole life, and recently had to ask my father to relinquish his cherished '83 Interstate. He's 80, and mom always rides on back and it's getting dangerous. He didn't dump it, but his foot slid on some gravel and it slowly went down. Mom was OK, but he burned his leg on the exhaust, and they couldn't pick it up. they were in the middle of nowhere. That was two years ago, and he walks with a cane now. I promised to take good care of his bike.

Frankly, I'm a bit short for it I feel. I'm 5'9" and with the footboards down, I have to put my feet pretty far out and barely touch. it's a tall bike. That aside, it is a very nice ride. I've put in a stronger headlight bulb, added two smaller headlights, replaced the old cassette, put some new tires on.

I used to be a mechanic, but not a bike mechanic, and I'm running into some issues and will post those problem in the proper place after I learn the forum a bit.