no stranger to strange carburetion

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dan im runnin a factory1200 ecm powered by a confirmed good relay firing dynatek green coils 7mm solid copper w/no resister cap ends iridium ngk suspect carb side plugs look definitely lighter in color then the other side.

No resistors on plugs may cause damage to the ecm and may already be causing interference to it's function.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175241#p175241:atib1rn2 said:
slabghost » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:35 am[/url]":atib1rn2]
While I have no experience with those particular carbs.I'll help what I can. I believe Ian is also planning to run them on his bike but it is yet incomplete. Maybe he too will chime in.

Hi there, just back from my month away to visit the new family in the States, great time by the way.

Yes I intend to run these carbs, but as yet have no info on them other than my set look well made. I will be stripping them down and cleaning them. Now a French member also has these carbs and fitted and running. Just been searching but I can't find him. he has a real radical bike, V, he has pictures of the bike wearing an old Russian flight suit. But hope you get further with this as I am also interested, by the way these are copies of Webber IDE's Downdraught's, they also accept real webber Jets etc. Hope this helps a bit and I will continue to find the French guy.

Ian

Hi again, carried on searching for the member, only I dont think he is a member on here, and as most of us nelong to the other site, I hope that no one will mind that I post a url for the bike in question. so here it is.

https://ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ng#p627090

That should take you straight there, the bike is quite radical. but has what we desire and some one that has tuned his carbs too. Good Luck.. Ian

The French guy I spoke about he has answered e mails that I sent him and is happy to help me when the time comes, I am sure that he would help any other member on her or else where.
Ian

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175320#p175320:2itelwfz said:
ianstaley » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:46 am[/url]":2itelwfz]
The French guy I spoke about he has answered e mails that I sent him and is happy to help me when the time comes, I am sure that he would help any other member on her or else where.
Ian
:good:

DSCF1515.JPG
DSCF1516.JPG
Thanks very much guys for your replys and interest guys this evening i installed the new resister caps as suggested but no ride report because --well i had a few of our great local craft beers with dinner and uh -- you get the idea.

dan if there are any specific info in that hanes manual for the weber 40 idf series 70 id be very interested to read because thats what the empi 40 hpmx is supposed to be copying .

thanks for reminding me that i left this open ended slabghost. i wish i had a success story to share,even tough i definitely needed to replace the old cracked/broken caps .i was unable to resolve the issue with the shinny new ngk caps,i went back to single carb until i can acquire a pair of new redline webers. i don't know if it's just in my head but i do believe they helped with easier cold start/idle,so thanks again for the recommendation. i am still excited about the possibility's of the duel webers and i promise to update all who are interested after Santa makes a deposit in my stocking.

Latest posts