Old Valkyries gather

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstsix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been years since i seen some of these members.. Nice day in Sept and a good turnout 250 miles through 3 States this day, Cabin fever already setting in. Sitting here waiting for the rain to stop so i can cut a hole in my roof for my new woodstove !
20160904_133620.jpg

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184651#p184651:27rq3rua said:
desertrefugee » 5 minutes ago[/url]":27rq3rua]
Not getting the photo...

<Nevermind: Image host site blocked by the network nannies here at work>
Works from here though right?

image.php

I recall seeing a listing of all the color combinations of the Valkyrie on a website not too long ago. I just visited Dag's site in Norway, but didn't see it. I could have sworn that's where it was. It breaks them down by year and Std/Tourer/Interstate. Many of the combos were available on Standard only, Tourer only or Interstate only.

For instance, my '97, Hot Rod Yellow/Black was available only on the Standard. I've turned it into a Tourer as I love that combo and REALLY wanted a Tourer. Now I have both!

If I find that page, I'll PM you the link.

Desertrefugee , Your bike looks nice ! One thing that will identify the difference from Toruer vs Standard is the Toruer does not have that Reflector on the rear fender under the rear seat ..Took mine off :roll: lol Also Tourer was was no longer available in 2001 when i purchased new, Only standard and IS was available, The best part about the standard was to accessorize with my own choice , Fiberglass Sidebags vs ABS plastic Honda, Also in 2001 Honda Polished the aluminum Rims and Clear coated , no prior years were polished , most owners wish they had this done, and they improved the seats in 2001 also , replaced with Ultimate and sold my stock seat to a friend with a Tourer

Agree if the Tourer was still available in 2001 i would be riding one , Glad that i as able to purchase the Honda Line windscreen that came on the Tourer , best one out there, Now if we could see some resale value one day soon our old classics would make us all proud ...even the Harley bikes are cheap used right now..the CBX took 37 years to gain some ground for resale..don't care just gonna ride the he!! out of them anyway :BigGrin:

Oldest I have is the 78 Merc now. Hard to find the 50's cars now here in the rustbelt especially after cash for clunkers.

I love my 1500 Goldwing, but those early Valkyries were one of the prettiest bikes ever made.
The only thing that turns me off about 'em are those six carburetors.
I went through enough hell dealing with the four carbs on my GL-1000.

Latest posts