over atlantic ocean

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything with beer in the name is good, if not it is just not cold enough( the beer) :salute:

Mainstream American beer, to me, tastes like it was brewed with baking soda. (Coors, Bud, Miller, etc.)
Anything with the word "Light" on it is like drinking water from a dirty glass.
I never really drank beer until I was about 19-20 years old when I was reassigned to the cold war in Germany.
Maybe that's why any beer I can hold up to the light and see through it doesn't seem to work for me.
Not that I wouldn't try anything new. And in most cases I'll drink whatever is free. I drink a lot of free Mexican beer.
It has everything to do with your personal palette. I say drink what you enjoy.

Within the last year I met a guy from Indiana, he worked in German for EVONIK for 1 year.
We got friends and we went to a micro brewery that teached him to make beer himself in good old craftmansship.
That beer is a taste! He liked it very well!
In comparison the main stream beer in US is like yellow water....
But the world champion in brewing beer in the "Pils"-way is an americen micro brewery.
Respect!

Ya, micro's got popular real fast over here. Seems like overnight.
I have in recent years discovered a few American beers I would buy again. I kinda like Fat Tire. And Samuel Adams ain't bad, although that first sip is terribly hoppy. They all come in cute little 12oz servings, so I have to open 2 bottles to fill my mug. :beer:

I am all over the micro brew! I found that although it is more expensive, a case lasts far longer! Personal favs....Flying Dog Brewery, and Weyerbacher, in Maryland and Pennsylvania respectively. Don't fear the darkside! The darker and thicker the better! Guinness
is a breakfast drink in my house! Been drinking Warsteiner lately too!
But when the purse strings get tight, there is nothing like a good old Pabst Blue Ribbon!

Baunix63":eik5qofw said:
Seers,

I´m Michael, living in the south of Germany, called Bavaria
:beer: that is was most people are thinking of, when they hear Bavaria
My ride is a 1982 GL1100 I, 1982 GL500 Silverwing and a pony car of 2006,
in cause of action a Magirus Deutz 120D7 fire truck.

Greetings

Michael
My first thought after I hear Bavaria is followed by Motors Works Then I Think BEER!!!!!!!!! :whistling: welcome from Socal

After a 100mls ride, there was white smoke, hm
So I did the job and decided after 65000mls to it complete.
changig cylinderehad gaskets
all sealings in the heads
checked the valves, made a seat grinding, valve clearance
timing belts were changed 2 months ago, could reuse it

It runs again, but a little bad.
So I´have check the timing, valve clearance and sync the carbs.

I think will run to sunday.

Attachments

• K640_IMG_3506.JPG
    K640_IMG_3506.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 93
  • K640_IMG_3509.JPG
    K640_IMG_3509.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 93
  • K640_IMG_3513.JPG
    K640_IMG_3513.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 93
  • K640_IMG_3515.JPG
    K640_IMG_3515.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 90
  • K640_IMG_3519.JPG
    K640_IMG_3519.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 92
Great to hear that you have done the heads and it looks like a nice job. I am sure once you get the checks done you will have your Goldwing running like a fine watch. :good: :salute: :good: