Post your photo in the banner

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my '75 Bobber.

Attachments

• GW4.jpg
    GW4.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 138
Thank you...It's in work in progress with a list of things to do.....I changed out the sealed beam and put a fairly decent LED into the head light. Much brighter light and it's drawing 7 less amps.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=187208#p187208:3u1dd9xd said:
ozrotheclown » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:14 pm[/url]":3u1dd9xd]
Thank you...It's in work in progress with a list of things to do.....I changed out the sealed beam and put a fairly decent LED into the head light. Much brighter light and it's drawing 7 less amps.
:good: LED
I do query your 7amp savings though as I would hope that you were running a 55/65w headlamp which is only 5-5 1/2 amps. A 100w bulb would draw 8 amps approx but most people don't fit that high wattage bulb in motorcycles.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=187311#p187311:3n8kifi5 said:
ozrotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:15 pm[/url]":3n8kifi5]
The LED bulb I used draws 2.9 Amps from the system.

Here are my testing results with a 12/24w LED bulb.
viewtopic.php?p=187373#p187373

Whenever people ask the name of my bike, I usually just tell them "Goldwing". :hihihi:

But after riding the '81 1100 Standard around, I decided to name the '81 "Peppy" and the '82 is now know as "The Slug". :smilie_happy:

After uploading the picture of the 87, I realized that the picture of my 81 1100 hasn't been updated since it's metamorphosis to an 81 1200, so here is a picture of my 81 1200 in it's current state.

image.php

I suppose I should of added the '81 Standard way back when! Now I just need help deciding if it should be with the windshield and aftermarket items or just the OEM Standard?

image.php

image.php

Personally I like it better with the aftermarket stuff. Sellers sometimes go way overboard on aftermarket junk to the point of making their bikes unattractive.The first pic looks great to me.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191063#p191063:1pmb1iqt said:
mcgovern61 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:26 am[/url]":1pmb1iqt]
I suppose I should of added the '81 Standard way back when! Now I just need help deciding if it should be with the windshield and aftermarket items or just the OEM Standard?

That reads like someone is giving in to MBS!!!!

That reads like someone is giving in to MBS!!!!

You know the old saying, "If you can't sell it.....ride?" (Maybe it isn't such an old saying.......) :hihihi:

As long as I still have the bike, I am going to keep riding it. Right now, it is taking the place of the Slug while I work on the electrical upgrades.

I do ride it with the windshield and backrest so I suppose this would be the more correct picture (except it now has OEM valve covers, timing belt covers and radiator rock guard.)

image.php