Rear caliper not releasing my brakes

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190662#p190662:1kwz7wzg said:
Bogardicus » Today, 4:15 pm[/url]":1kwz7wzg]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190658#p190658:1kwz7wzg said:
Fstsix » 47 minutes ago[/url]":1kwz7wzg]
Ok for the 3rd time i am gonna pull the Rear MC and clean check the return hole , still have a slight enough drag to get the disk hot to the touch , So far i have , Rebuilt the MC , and removed again recently to check return hole ( it was clear) New pads and even tried the old worn pads thinking the piston was pushed back to far, No luck , Rebuilt rear caliper with slight polish and clean in the cylinder and New Piston , new Brake line , checked Foot pedal adjustment made sure it was not preloading MC, Checked and lubed the Caliper stay bolts made sure they were free, And checked with feeler Gage caliper mount to disk for clearance 28 thou, Brake line was dirty inside hope it is just the damn MC return , Did i miss anything i am stumped !! I know these things are stupid simple how hard can it be LOL :head bang: :headscratch:
Are the new pistons the same size as the old ones?
Or are the new pistons seating in the mc as the old ones did?

I just got my pistons in the mail. They are not exactly like the OE.
OE has a beveled ring around the open end while these are solid.
They are the same size and fit was perfect , they retract a little after release of peddle, This is one of those walk away for a day and try again Saturday, It has to be the small hole again, or the spring retainer holding the pads down in place is binding

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190670#p190670:2wxpd9tz said:
slabghost » 42 minutes ago[/url]":2wxpd9tz]
Just a thought. Is the brake pedal sticking a bit on return?
I was all over that adjustment rod took it all the way booth ways to be sure the MC was completely relaxed and return spring is strong , Torched a Rear rotor on my Valk years ago because of that peddle adjustment , $ 350 at the dealer to replace, Longest ride has been about 2 miles on The X , Got the caliper mount Powder coated and had to clean and sand the brake stay bores out for easy movement it even feels a little loose, It seems when bolting the caliper down and torqued it feels to firm, like it starts to bind after stay bolts are snugged ? should be a little play like the front brakes have

Does the actuator rod going into the master rub on one side? Maybe some thin washers between the master and the mounts will align it better?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190679#p190679:18tc8dtu said:
slabghost » 4 minutes ago[/url]":18tc8dtu]
Does the actuator rod going into the master rub on one side? Maybe some thin washers between the master and the mounts will align it better?
Looks like a very straight shot lined up.Me thinking of taking a closer look at the caliper after i check the release hole in the Master this weekend, been working on this bike for years restoring it....... stupid brake ! I need to put my MAD MAX outfit on with Full face helmet take a ride and scare myself lol :shock:

Well that was brutal ! It was not the Bleed hole in the Master clogged , it was not the Caliper piston sticking or clogged brake line ??? Every time i would tighten the caliper stay bolts it would slightly drag the brakes , It was the Friggen Retainer bracket shim thingy hitting and rubbing the caliper just enough to keep from returning , Not sure why maybe this rear brake is the wrong year or something , Looks just like the front Right caliper , Well i just got the Drimel and did a relief grind , DONE ! # 3 in this pick was interfering with the damn thing time to Ride :Egyptian:
honda-cbx1000-supersport-1979-z-usa-rear-brake-caliper_bighu0115f2012_30ce.gif

Latest posts