Should we expand the forum?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but weren't they all built basically on the same platform? I noticed other places that alot of the the parts even cross over. I think it's a great idea. Often new people can give fresh ideas on old problems. You know, the whole fresh pair of eyes thing. :grin:

Sounds like the majority of members are for the additions! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I had a nekkid '75 'Wing 100 years ago, but all I remember about it was it was waaaay too heavy for me at the time!(I weighed maybe 100 lbs wet!) :smilie_happy:

Done,

We now have a Shop Talk forum for GL1000, GL1100, GL1200 and how could I leave out GL1500!

Go fill em up guys!

I'll be posting the 1200 manuals I have (that dont have watermarks) soon.

As usual I'm open to suggestions.

I personally liked having a specialized site to the 1100s. :music:
I love all the wings,and wecome all members,wing or not.But the reason you started this site was to dedicate it to the 1100s and the lack of any 1100 forums.

I quit going to the other forums mainly because there was to much going in to many differant directions.Here I always new I was dealing with 1100 issues almost always.

The nakid guys cover the 1000s very well.Saunders has the 1500s very well covered to.And I think there is a 1200 site out there someplace.But this is home for me.Id hate to see it to cluttered up.

Also,if we just start memiking other all wing sites,then whats the point?

The soul of classic goldwings has always been the 1100s.Thats why I like it.

I am not going anywhere,I love this place and all the great members here,I just hope it stays the same great place it always has been.
Reguardless,keep up the good work dan.

Just my .02

Tory":3ngbskd8 said:
I personally liked having a specialized site to the 1100s. :music:
I love all the wings,and wecome all members,wing or not.But the reason you started this site was to dedicate it to the 1100s and the lack of any 1100 forums.
I quit going to the other forums mainly because there was to much going in to many differant directions.Here I always new I was dealing with 1100 issues almost always.
The nakid guys cover the 1000s very well.Saunders has the 1500s very well covered to.And I think there is a 1200 site out there someplace.But this is home for me.Id hate to see it to cluttered up.
Also,if we just start memiking other all wing sites,then whats the point?
The soul of classic goldwings has always been the 1100s.Thats why I like it.
I am not going anywhere,I love this place and all the great members here,I just hope it stays the same great place it always has been.
Reguardless,keep up the good work dan.
Just my .02

Dont worry... I dont think we will ever get cluttered up like Saunders, They have an insane amount of members on that site
The subforums should keep us form getting the classes mixed up
I think it will take at least 6 months before we have enough 1000, 1200 and 1500 combined to equal what we have in 1100 members, Not counting the 1100 members that have a 1000, 1200 or 1500 :mrgreen:

I know what your saying Tory.

I keep a close eye on things around here.
If posts start to get cluttered up I can always put it back, and I will if I don't like the way it's going.

dan filipi":28ztpwrb said:
I feel one of the most important aspects of having a specialized forum is that it makes searching the forum for answers much easier.
With the 4 cylinder Goldwing a search for "coolant leak from crossover tube" will return pretty much the same results because the 1000, 1100 and 1200 are the same design.

Keeping the search function "workable" so we can search a specific model, the models need to be in their own forum.
Here's a few screen shots of what I have in mind.
With Sub Forums a search can be refined to search that specific model and forum.
(click on a image to make it bigger)

This is the start page which would have "Sub Forums" listed under Shop Talk and Tech References.

View attachment 1

Then when clicking on Shop Talk And Tech References this page opens with Sub Categories by model:

I like this layout because it keeps the Main page and sub forums and categories clean, organized and uncluttered.

Thoughts?
:music: I agree,if its a 4 cylinder GW,bring um on board :salute:

I say let them in. Any owner of a GoldWing that has four spark plugs is a likely resource and may be in need of help of our resources.

Wow! Here's a blast frum the past that came up in the random images section! Just a few days after getting the forum back up and running after the Crash of '09, too!!
Thanks Dan!! :thanks: :salute: