Single carb and fuel filters

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Just a heads up,
install a filter after the fuel pump as well as before.

Reason is, I just had the fuel filter come apart inside.
I didn't know this at first, I thought the 1200 fuel pump I'm using went bad when it wouldn't pump pressure so I put a facet pump I had on.
After that the carb was flooding.
Opened it up and found some hard plastic like pieces jammed in the needle seat.

What turned out is the fuel filter glue that came apart got caught in the 1200 pump's check valve and kept it open.
After I put the other pump on, more of the same caught between the needle and seat.

One nice thing about the OEM carbs is they have screens below the seat to stop this, the Weber does not.

Seems to me one before the pump should be plenty and if you have a second to catch parts from the first. What catches parts from the second when it crumbles?

Yup.

I have two fuel filters on all my wings.

I have gotten crap from the filter too.

Randakk's Cycle Shack has really nice BRASS fuel filters, in metal case, rubber around it so it mount's in stock location with stock bracket, also Viton gasket. VERY NICE!!! Emglo has a bad reputation for fuel filter's coming unglued, I have heard. At $20 delivered not bad at all for a forever fuel filter

well he sold many of the Emglo bad ones too ....sheesh ....lets hope this new filter he selling is better is better Emglo filters he sold before ...the parts from overseas and even here is a huge gamble for people in business ....who are the first ones hurt by bad crummy products of todays unaccountable corporation of the total monopoly system of today realities ...

Didn't know he sold that junk. Must have learned better. These fuel filters (Brass & aluminum, with Viton seal's) are worth the money. Don't much matter who makes it, as how it's made, or am I wrong?

See through does have it's good point's. You can always use 2 tie wrap's,& stock hole in gas tank to mount any filter. So any good quality filter will suffice. I like K&N air filter's. Clean, oil, forget till next time you get a chance to see it (in 1500's that might be a while if your lucky). Same deal with fuel filter, 2 or 3 Napa fuel filter's, & you have more cash in that, in that many years, than one you clean. Just my opinion & you know what they say about those.