Smaller Front Fender

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikebone

Reaction score
I'm looking for a smaller front fender for my '83 1100, anybody have any suggestions? Air Tech offers a couple of solutions, but I was wondering if there wasn't something off of another bike that would work. Don't ask me why, but there is something I like about mixing parts to make a neat looking bike. A fender off of a Harley Super Glide might work; anyone tried that?

Smaller fender, ya say? :ahem:

153387_lg.jpg

I have a fender off of a GL1000 that makes it look a lot different. The problem I am having right now is that the Shinko 712 I have on the front rubs at high speeds. I went back to the stock fender and had the same problem but never knew it. When the metal fender was on I could smell the rubber rubbing but with the plastic fender on, it just melted a hole in the rear of the fender, so I had to cut it down a little. I am thinking of trimming the front of the fender also so the stock fender doesn't look so dang BIG.

Attachments

• After 3.JPG
    After 3.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 228
bikebone":2235i1or said:
I'm looking for a smaller front fender for my '83 1100, anybody have any suggestions? Air Tech offers a couple of solutions, but I was wondering if there wasn't something off of another bike that would work. Don't ask me why, but there is something I like about mixing parts to make a neat looking bike. A fender off of a Harley Super Glide might work; anyone tried that?

I have a smaller fender from a 1200 on my 1100, and it looks good.

~O~

I just bought a fender from DRAG, I'll have to drill it to fit the Honda fork. It fits a Sportster and is drilled for a Harley fork, then paint it. It's a raw fender. Cost $49.95 usd.