Sneak Peek!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice report. Not certain it was the 1500 or the 1800 I read about but one is reputed to be an all day job changing the air filter. Lots of plastic needs removed.

Not too bad on the air filter, as O-man says. But...dang thing already had a new filter in it... :doh:
And of course, once I got all the stuff back on, I realized I left the dam audio cable UNDER the radio panel...out of sight...where I couldn't get to it. So....back apart she came... :whistling:

I did find some weird crap while I wuz in there, but that will haftta go into another tech thread. I did manage to get the erl/filter changed, and some plastic repair done that was needed. Should be go to go Tuesday(once Mama gets the title/registration set up tomorrow), just in time for the RAIN. :rant:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=183095#p183095:1sjoijul said:
desertrefugee » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:10 am[/url]":1sjoijul]
It's a bit more of a pain on the 1500 Valkyrie GL. The fuel tank needs to come off. Unlike the 'wing, the Valk tank is in the traditional location.
+1 especially if you don't run it low on fuel first. :doh:

according to honda the 1500 wing has a lower seat height that a 1100 or 1200 wing but the seat on a 1500 wing is wider. when I replaced my windshield I went with one that was an inch taller, that eliminated the buffeting issue I was having, don't know how it works with a passenger though

Latest posts