Speedometer cable

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you rebuild the calipers when you did the brakes? I ended up just purchasing an entire new rear caliper for my 84. I got it on ebay for like $30. The original was in aweful condition, now my brakes are phenomenal.

:0fftopic:
I know we are way off topic talking about your brakes again, but I do believe that if the calipers were junky, and the masters were junk, the lines have got to be junky as well. Bleeding the brakes on these, especially the linked system, is a true pain and takes some effort. I wouldn't be surprised if you went through the big bottle of brake fluid to get-er-dun but you should be seeing results along the way.

Obvious question but here goes, you are ensuring that the fluid reservoir stays full throughout the entire bleeding process right? Once you suck any air into the system its like starting all over again.

Did you try filling the link line from the front caliper back to the reservoir? A back flush fill can sometimes be more effective.

Disconnect the master if you backflush the line, as crud will plug your master. :roll: Chances are there's a sludge clog in there somewhere, :yes: disconnect everything, & blow air through the metal, then all the rubber lines, sometimes a piece of wire is needed to open, then air to make sure all is open. Then bleed your brakes front right, then rear, then your hand brake on the front left.

did all of the above. Blew air until I finally got air. lot of brake cleaner thru the lines also. Yes reservoir was always full but I know some people would not thinbk to do that. Does not hurt to ask.
Probably have to buy the ss lines 6 months before I planned to do that.
But now I know the bike does run so maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172411#p172411:15yko159 said:
Terry » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:45 pm[/url]":15yko159]
I understand temporarily suspending an important system like brakes for the sake of checking out the engines performance but it is dangerous.

In motorcycling your "whoa" is even more important than your "go".

Thats why ultra fast sportbikes have such incredibly powerful brakes. But even riding any type motorcycle, with all the clueless and distracted drivers among other hazards, brakes are critical to survival.
+1 :yes:

Brake fluid in a big syringe with a hose on the bleeder, after all the sludge is cleared out. Eliminates a lot, if not all of the air in the line, for bleeding.Clamp brake hose shut, with a pair of vise grips, just past connection to the master. Carefully break the line loose as you squeeze the handle, then tighten release & repeat, till you have great feel in it. Any air left, if any, should bleed out easily.

Latest posts